Highlighted
Aug 14 2011
By: TRALFAZ-1 First Son 4 posts

two PS3s, trying to copy DLC games

6 replies 310 views Edited Aug 14, 2011

I recently bought another PS3 for another room and I'm trying to copy my games so that both PS3s have the same games on the HD. I 'm having a problem with one particular game, Street Fighter 2 HD.  I can't seem to copy it onto the new PS3.  I look at my downloads and transactions list and it's missing.  Can anyone help me out?

Message 1 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39433 posts

Re: two PS3s, trying to copy DLC games

Aug 15, 2011

TRALFAZ-1 wrote:

I recently bought another PS3 for another room and I'm trying to copy my games so that both PS3s have the same games on the HD. I 'm having a problem with one particular game, Street Fighter 2 HD.  I can't seem to copy it onto the new PS3.  I look at my downloads and transactions list and it's missing.  Can anyone help me out?

Hi & welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

I know some games have their save data protected, hence it can't be copied & or transferred, perhaps this is one of them?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 15, 2011

is there any way to find out if a game is copy protected?

Message 3 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Aug 15, 2011

Are you sure you're logged into the same PSN ID for both PS3s? Previously downloaded content in the Store only shows up for accounts that bought them.

Message 4 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2011

yes.  Here's the thing though, I look in the PS store and you know how it indicates that you have purchased a game with the shopping bag?  it doesn't show it, nor does it show in my transaction/downloads list.  I think I'm going to call SONY tomorrow to find out what's going on

Message 5 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28757 posts

Aug 16, 2011

I assume that you are referring to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. The game is still available in the Playstation Store, so if you purchased it before, it should still be in your downloads list. How many user profiles do you have on the first PS3?  Is it possible that the game was downloaded under a different PSN account?  On a PS3, generally anyone can play any game that was downloaded to the PS3, regardless of who downloaded it.  Only the PSN account that purchased the game can download it again.  The logical explanation would be that the Street Fighter game was downloaded under a different account; but if the game still works, then the user profile for that account would have to still be on the old PS3.  If the game doesn't still work, then it could be a PSN account that was used on the PS3 earlier.

GKP
Message 6 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 16, 2011

D'OOOOOOOOHth

it was downloaded from an old account I had.  Oh man, I've been going nuts trying to figure it out.  I totally forgot that first account I had.  Geez, I feel like an idiot now, D'OH

thanks for all the help people and thank you gkpama00 for coming up with the solution

Message 7 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes