Feb 02 2013
By: goldenace420 First Son 1 posts

tried to reactivate an account, but instead started a new one, what to do?

2 replies 103 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

I had opened an account previously, had even purchased the psplus. I have downloaded a lot of content previously I am trying to regain, along with my ps.plus. I had a lot of dead space on my older model ps3, so I decided to dump and reboot so I could store more from the psplus. I deactivated my system wiped it, went back in, but instead of signing in as an exsisting user I signed in as a new user and used all my same information and credit card info, how do I merge my account with the other account with the same credit card number? Im also curious too I moved but I didnt change the mailing adress on my credit card billing info, which adress should I give you?

Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: tried to reactivate an account, but instead started a new one, what to do?

Feb 2, 2013

I dont think you can merge a PSN account. 

i would recommend making an aditional PS3 user account then sign into PSN with your old account. The stuff you redownload from your 'old' account will be functional as long as the ID is present on the PS3.

hope this helps you

Message 2 of 3 (95 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19939 posts

Re: tried to reactivate an account, but instead started a new one, what to do?

Feb 2, 2013

You don't need to create a new PS3 user.  You can remove the PSN sign-in information from a PS3 user profile by using the Restore Default Settings command in the System Settings menu.  Multiple PSN account can use the same credit card information, but PSN accounts can never be "merged".  If the billing address on file with the bank does not match the address registered for your PSN account exactly, then the credit card may not be accepted when you try to add PSN wallet funds.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)