Jul 12 2013
By: sidder73 First Son 8 posts

the last of us

11 replies 142 views Edited Jul 12, 2013
Ok I can't get past the start menu. It gets stuck while loading. I've downloaded the patch, deleted both save data and utility. I have been able to play at times well at least until I go onto a room that was not loaded. Now I'm back to not being able to get past the start menu. What do I do?
Message 1 of 12 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14032 posts

Re: the last of us

Jul 12, 2013

Try deleting the entire game and reinstalling.  Sometimes errors get transmitted with downloaded games, if you bought it from the PSN Store.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 12 (127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 12, 2013
I have the CD. And I have done that as well as a file restore and a rebuild database. It seems like the patch is no good. All my other games run fine.
Message 3 of 12 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Jul 12, 2013

sidder73 wrote:
I have the CD. And I have done that as well as a file restore and a rebuild database. It seems like the patch is no good. All my other games run fine.

Try deleting the game data NOT the save data to see if that helps.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 12 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Did that too
Message 5 of 12 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14032 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Any chance you can try your disc on a friend's PS3?

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 6 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Yes I did think of that and I am waiting for him to get home.
Message 7 of 12 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 12, 2013
That is called the utility data. I've been on the phone with PlayStation network all last weekend, they can't tell me what is causing tis problem. I have read that this game has a lot of problems with it. And from what I have read other people are having loading problems but was that issue ever resolved? The patch I got with the game seems to be no good. I can still see that "autosave is still running" box when I try to save. And yes I have deleted it and reinstalled it. That did no Good but it let me play 9 hrs of the game before it gliched up.
Message 8 of 12 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14032 posts

Jul 12, 2013

So it worked without the patch?  If you delete everything, reinstall and sign out of PSN and play without the patch is it OK?

I know it means no multiplayer, but at least you can play the single-player story.

”Signature-1.jpg”

Message 9 of 12 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Well it worked an my friends but it did the same thing mine did at first. Try to save and the a message saying the autosave is still on progress and there is no percent number next to the flashing. "Loading".
I don't get the internet so my PS is not online.
When I first got the game last Friday I played for 3hrs until of glitched. Pen told me to delete the save data. I played for 9 hrs until another cliche. Pen had me delete the game data and do a file recovery. No good. They told me to exchange the game. O did. I still could not get by the loading screen. That is when I heard about the auotsave problem and the patch. I played for another 10 hrs. Glitch. Psn had me do everything we previously did plus a redownload of the patch. No good. Still can't get by the loading screen. When I first started playing with the patch I could save without seeing the "autosae still in progress " after 6 hrs of playing it was back againg the autosave in progress window.
Message 10 of 12 (97 Views)
0 Likes