Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: someone used my bank card to purchase psn stuff.

Dec 19, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I got a alert from my bank that a purchase of $90 was made to sony psn network. I didnt purchase anything. I asked my brother and he said he didnt either. I check my psn account and and my brother's psn account, nothing was purchase recently. I think someone used my bank card to purchase items from the psn store to their own psn account. I do not give out my bank card info, or lost my card, so Im not sure how they would get my bank info. I hread people have some kind of device that they can just scan your wallet and have all you bank info, maybe that happen. I want to know, do I contact sony for something like this, or just go straight to my bank and tell them someone is using my bank card without my knowing.

You need to call Sony.

If you just reverse charges and dont tell them, they will ban your PSN account.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 11 of 19 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9928 posts

Dec 19, 2013
Um he stated that whatever was purchased was not done on his account, so reversing the charges with the bank won't get his account banned but will get the perps account banned
>

Message 12 of 19 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Doc_007 wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I got a alert from my bank that a purchase of $90 was made to sony psn network. I didnt purchase anything. I asked my brother and he said he didnt either. I check my psn account and and my brother's psn account, nothing was purchase recently. I think someone used my bank card to purchase items from the psn store to their own psn account. I do not give out my bank card info, or lost my card, so Im not sure how they would get my bank info. I hread people have some kind of device that they can just scan your wallet and have all you bank info, maybe that happen. I want to know, do I contact sony for something like this, or just go straight to my bank and tell them someone is using my bank card without my knowing.

You need to call Sony.

If you just reverse charges and dont tell them, they will ban your PSN account.

Good advice if it is your account. However the OP stated that he checked his and his brother accoutn and there are no new purchases. I assume he check the transactions and the download log. So contacting the bank if it wasn't spent on your account is the best method.

Message 13 of 19 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013
Spoiler
Sometimes we don't get the whole truth here.... Hence the J.I.C. advice.  :smileywink:   Not sayin' just sayin'...

Message 14 of 19 (340 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Doc_007 wrote:
Spoiler
Sometimes we don't get the whole truth here.... Hence the J.I.C. advice.  :smileywink:   Not sayin' just sayin'...

Good point. I did take the high road, so I suppose both forms of advice should have been given.

Message 15 of 19 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Likewise we have lurkers who just search for stuff and then run off not realizing they may miss a specific circumstance and assume all situations are the same.

An ounce of prevention... or some such vintage saying.

:smileytongue:

Message 16 of 19 (329 Views)
Fender Bender
4202 posts

Dec 19, 2013
This seems suspicious. Of all the things to do with stolen information why buy stuff from psn?. Not adding up
All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 17 of 19 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

Sealteamleader wrote:
This seems suspicious. Of all the things to do with stolen information why buy stuff from psn?. Not adding up

Somebody had gotten ahold of my credit card one time and bought $9 worth of gas (2008), $7 at a 7-11, and $20 for a Sports SIllustrated subscription. That doesn't make sense.

With all the Fifa "hacks" that have been on the forums, it could be related.

Edit: Thread moved from PS General section.

-Stage_Coach

Message 18 of 19 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 21, 2013

You have been hacked, this happened to me and I'd say hundreds to thousands of people. Sony is in denial of the breach and refuse to tell everyone the truth. Call Sony they will refund your money but they might say its your fault, give them this link and tell them its their fault that they had 2 major security breaches in the past few years.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Sony-wallet-credited-3-times-by-5...

Sony Computer Entertainment America
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. ? 6:30 p.m
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
Message 19 of 19 (280 Views)
0 Likes