Dec 19 2013
By: Kali_boiz_4life Sackboy 489 posts

someone used my bank card to purchase psn stuff.

18 replies 759 views Edited Dec 19, 2013

I got a alert from my bank that a purchase of $90 was made to sony psn network. I didnt purchase anything. I asked my brother and he said he didnt either. I check my psn account and and my brother's psn account, nothing was purchase recently. I think someone used my bank card to purchase items from the psn store to their own psn account. I do not give out my bank card info, or lost my card, so Im not sure how they would get my bank info. I hread people have some kind of device that they can just scan your wallet and have all you bank info, maybe that happen. I want to know, do I contact sony for something like this, or just go straight to my bank and tell them someone is using my bank card without my knowing.

Message 1 of 19 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Re: someone used my bank card to purchase psn stuff.

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2013

If someone used your debit card you should definitely get a new one. I think you should maybe get a hold of Sony and the bank your with.

Message 2 of 19 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3541 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Call Sony: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Talk to the bank as well.

Message 3 of 19 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7724 posts

Dec 19, 2013
It's fairly easy for someone to "skim" your credit card info anywhere. The only thing they need is numbers on the card. a picture on the front and back is enough to get fraud charges on it.

That's why I have my card's numbers covered with tape. It allows me to use the magstripe and the chip while preventing fraud. I never got any cash stolen from me this way.
Message 4 of 19 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10347 posts

Dec 19, 2013
You may have used a hacked pin pad.. At one point in the past, there are people out there that will switch a pinpad with a hacked one that can clone debit card info, and also a hidden camera that records you punching in your PIN number, while businesses do do their best in preventing this from happening, some still manage to slip through the cracks..

Since what ever it was used on was not your account I would contest the charge with your bank,, and I would suggest requesting a new card seeing the one you have is no longer secure...
>

Message 5 of 19 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10347 posts

Dec 19, 2013
A properly hacked pinpad would get all the information it would need other than your PIN number...
Which is easily found out by placing a pinhole camera in the vicinity
>

Message 6 of 19 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18071 posts

Dec 19, 2013

most credit cards have $0 liability for fraud transactions..  if you or your family (authorized user) didn't use it..

then there's nothing to worry about..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 19 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8705 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I got a alert from my bank that a purchase of $90 was made to sony psn network. I didnt purchase anything. I asked my brother and he said he didnt either. I check my psn account and and my brother's psn account, nothing was purchase recently. I think someone used my bank card to purchase items from the psn store to their own psn account. I do not give out my bank card info, or lost my card, so Im not sure how they would get my bank info. I hread people have some kind of device that they can just scan your wallet and have all you bank info, maybe that happen. I want to know, do I contact sony for something like this, or just go straight to my bank and tell them someone is using my bank card without my knowing.

The card reading only works if you have a RFID chip in the card. MOst cards do not have this feature.

Have you perchance shopped at Target since Black Friday?

Message 8 of 19 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Just contact the bank and tell them you didn't make the charge. They will reverse it and send you a new card. Pain in arse but standard procedure.

It's that time of the year. So make sure you get your mail everyday too to prevent theft of identity.

Message 9 of 19 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7724 posts

Dec 19, 2013
Did you, by any chance, purchase anything from Target recently? A recent hack compromised 40 million (!!!) credit cards and debit cards used at Target.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/18/5225252/target-reportedly-hacked-black-friday-millions-of-credit-...
Message 10 of 19 (695 Views)