Jan 29 2011
By: jackkosub First Son 1 posts

sign out help

4 replies 112 views Edited Jan 29, 2011

my playstation is broken, and I am still logged on, but cannot sign out because it is broken

I would like to sign out so I can sign in again using my new one, but is there any way to sign out of my psn account via internet?

Message 1 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Re: sign out help

Jan 29, 2011

are you referring to your account being active on the broken ps3? you can't be signed in if its broken but your account may still be activated on that console; you're allowed to have your account active for downloading games on 5 systems so you should be ok, you man need a video deactivation in which case you would need to call tech support for sony.

Message 2 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 28, 2011

I have a similar problem:

My PS3 has YLOD and I am just going to sell it online.  But when it broke, my PSN account was still set to "auto login".  So I'm afraid whoever buys it from me will have access to my PSN account, credit card info, etc when they fix it and boot it up.

HOW DO I log out of my PSN account via the Internet (not broken PS3) and make sure its logged out on the PS3?

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 28, 2011

Shrimp_Boat_Capt wrote:

My PS3 has YLOD and I am just going to sell it online.  But when it broke, my PSN account was still set to "auto login".  So I'm afraid whoever buys it from me will have access to my PSN account, credit card info, etc when they fix it and boot it up.

HOW DO I log out of my PSN account via the Internet (not broken PS3) and make sure its logged out on the PS3?

The easiest fix is to change your PSN password.

When you turn off your system, you are automatically logged out of the PSN. When you start up the system, the auto login just takes your stored email address and password and logs you back in.

Changing the password will make the auto login fail.

Message 4 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 28, 2011

jackkosub wrote:

my playstation is broken, and I am still logged on, but cannot sign out because it is broken

I would like to sign out so I can sign in again using my new one, but is there any way to sign out of my psn account via internet?

The PS3 automatically signs out when you turn off the system. 

What you need to do on your new system is to create a "user" on the XMB with your PSN name. This will link your new system to your PSN account.

Message 5 of 5 (111 Views)
0 Likes