Jul 12 2013
By: lLiBrA-- First Son 4 posts

should i be getting as **bleep** as I am

3 replies 201 views Edited Jul 12, 2013

8-12 mpbs dl 1-3 ul speeds....And when I play NHL which I am stupid good at...I lag 50/50 and I get super **bleep**...why am i lagging when my internet speeds dont suck that much. I also lag if I host any game NAT type 2.

Message 1 of 4 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30059 posts

Re: should i be getting as **bleep** as I am

Jul 12, 2013

Lag, properly known as network latency, isn't directly related to bandwidth.  That is why.  Putting aside the fact that you are communicating with different servers when you use the PS3 network test, and playing a game online; a high-bandwidth connection can have poor latency, and a fairly low bandwidth connection can have good latency.  They are affected by unrelated factors.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 12, 2013
why is my connection sometimes perfect, and other times super **bleep**, I'm getting really **bleep** . yes i understand how networks work. I have done everything, from dmz to port forwarding, to mac adress filtering, to wifi to powerline adapters, to disabling firewall altogether. I am hardwired I understand my NAT type. I understand all this mumbo jumbo you said, I am just super **bleep** and need some reassurance that these EA servers are trash
Message 3 of 4 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jul 12, 2013
could it be the system or the game itself?!?!?! I know networking...I do not know gaming hardware
Message 4 of 4 (192 Views)
0 Likes