Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: "the funds could not be added to your wallet (56)" Please Help, I cannot find a soluti

Feb 23, 2013

the same thing happened to me. try this- go to account management>>account information>>billing information and check all details with your credit card. fill blank spaces and check your card expiry date since it changes over years. the card security code goes blank after every transaction so you have to fill it b4 every transaction.  it worked for me and i hope it works for you too. best of luck....

Message 31 of 42 (2,719 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: "the funds could not be added to your wallet (56)" Please Help, I cannot find a soluti

Feb 24, 2013
Same problem here. Got it to work by funding my account using pay pal.
Message 32 of 42 (2,706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

I've been having the same problem. Here's the situation: I'm trying to buy GTA: San Andreas. It costs 11.99, but I only have 5.50 in my wallet. When I select "proceed to checkout" (which automatically takes money from my credi card) it gives me a generic "An error has occured." When I try with the other option - "add funds" - it tells me that "Funds could not be added. (56)" I went to the Billing Information page, checked my details several times, re-entered them several times, but nothing helped. Then I tried reinstaliing the PS Store, still nothing. Someone suggested removing the Password at Checkout option - still nothing. Then I went on the PSN website through my laptop. When I tried to checkout, it said "wrong credit card details" which I then checked again, and they were still correct. Finally, I tried adding funds from the PSN website through PayPal. Two hours laetr the money still hadn't come in to my PS wallet, so I went to the PayPal website to see what the transaction status was. It said "transaction cancelled." At this point I'm beggining to think that it might be a problem with my account...

EDIT: I just used my credit card to buy something off of a website and it worked flawlessly, so that's definitely not the problem.

EDIT 2: The account I'm having trouble with is a UK account. Could the problem be that I'm trying to pay with a Swiss credit card? I went here -> https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/795/~/acceptable-forms-of-payment-in-play...
and it says
"The following are currently NOT acceptable forms of payment at the PlayStation Store:

• International* Credit Cards
    * Countries outside of the United States and Canada"
    So that means that no matter which PS Store you're using, you can't pay with credit cards issued outside of the US and Canada? Or does it mean that in every store I can pay only with a card issued in the same country (US -> US, UK -> UK, Switzerland ->Swiss)?
Message 33 of 42 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Hey I bought that code but it tells me know that the code Incorrect or the code is no longer valid what should I do?
Message 34 of 42 (2,502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 16, 2013

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM SONY I KEEP GETTING THE FUND COULD NO BE ADDED TO YOUR WALLET. (56)

Message 35 of 42 (2,223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I KEEP GETTING THE FUNDS COULD NOT BE ADDED TO YOUR WALLET SONY PLEASE FIX

Message 36 of 42 (2,223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Error (56)? Yeah me too, I've been having this problem since christmas! There isn't a store where I can just run to and buy psn cards, and I don't call a work around a true solution. I was thinking of buying a year of PS+ in order to capitialize on the spend$50/save$10 deal. I litteraly can't spend me money. I appreciate you being "conscious of my budget" sony but seriously. How can I have the same problem for 3 months? 

Message 37 of 42 (2,210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Make sure you're credit card info is correct and your card hasn't expired yet!

Message 38 of 42 (2,039 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 28, 2013

It is now June 28th and I still cannot add funds to my wallet.  All I want to do is buy a season pass for Walking Dead.

I've never had this hard of time trying to spend my hard-earned money.

Message 39 of 42 (1,662 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I WAS ON PSN FOR 4 YEARS AND THIS IS WHAT I GET!

Message 40 of 42 (1,436 Views)
0 Likes