Highlighted
Jun 28 2010
By: Killerboy297 First Son 8 posts
Accepted Solution

"You cannot sign into someone elses Sign in ID (E-Mail Address)

9 replies 12132 views Edited Jun 28, 2010

Hello,

Recently my Ps3 got the Yellow light of death (YLOD), So i decided to buy a new 120 GB PS3, After starting up my PS3 i decided to go online. When i tried to log in a message poped up on my screen saying "You cannot sign into someone elses Sign in ID (E-Mail Address)", So i thought I was hacked, After making a new Playstation Network Account i decided to forget about my old account and play with this account but then again the same message came up...

I realised i wernt hacked and that my account did not get banned because a diffrent message would of came up. I tried to make millions of accounts but the same message will pop up, So I decided not to log in on my ps3 and I decided to ask you guys how i can fix this. Some please tell me how I can fix this, I miss my Modern Warefare 2

Please Reply ASAP (As Soon As Possible)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (12,132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: "You cannot sign into someone elses Sign in ID (E-Mail Address)

Jun 28, 2010

Wrong Topic Sorry,

Message 2 of 10 (12,132 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

Jul 1, 2010

you said you bought it from Gamestop? possibly a account was pre-made on there just delete the account and make a new one, then recover your PSN ID. Should work fine after that

Message 3 of 10 (12,132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jul 1, 2010
u gotta go to the PlayStationNetwork tab and select account management. press the triangle button and select delete account. den u can just log in again using ur account
http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/charly159/?action=view&current=mexican.jpg
Message 4 of 10 (12,132 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 3, 2010

okay... so what ur going to want to do is. 

-put all the game saves on a flash drive. 

-delete the user (the user that u click when u turn on the playstation)

-make a new user

-copy ur game saves back on to the new user

-sign in.

basically it doesnt let u sign into 2 accounts on the same user.

if u dont want to do all this u can just have a user for story/campagn mode for ur games and a user for online.

Message 5 of 10 (12,132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Jul 7, 2010

Hi,

Once you sign in (or sign up) a Playstation Network account to a PS3 user, you cannot switch it. For example, my PS3 user "Ryan" has "igniteryan" as it's PSN id. If I wanted to change it, I'd have to make a new user.

So what you need to do is make a new user, then go to "Sign Up for Playstation Network". Choose "Use Existing Account" and enter in your account details.

Hope this works for you

Message 6 of 10 (12,132 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

Jan 24, 2011

igniteryan wrote:

Hi,

Once you sign in (or sign up) a Playstation Network account to a PS3 user, you cannot switch it. For example, my PS3 user "Ryan" has "igniteryan" as it's PSN id. If I wanted to change it, I'd have to make a new user.

So what you need to do is make a new user, then go to "Sign Up for Playstation Network". Choose "Use Existing Account" and enter in your account details.

Hope this works for you

if you want to change the local name of the user just click on the user then click information and it'll let you change your local name.

Message 7 of 10 (12,132 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

Does anyone have an old psn account that they do not use? one with no credit info...its a long an embarrassing story why im askin this embarrassing question. Basically my ps3 got hacked, it got it fixed, i had my sign in named cleared. When i went to make a new psn account it error's me out everytime, i contacted sony they tried for month to fixed it...i kept calling tryng to get someone who knew what they were doing, i never had any luck.. so if anyone is willing to do this it wud make my year!

Email: **************

Edit: personal email removed

-Stage_Coach

Message 8 of 10 (12,132 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Mar 21, 2012

you just have to do what the above posters have already mentioned and you should be good to go..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (12,132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2013

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: thread locked due to necrobumping

-Stage_Coach

Message 10 of 10 (10,670 Views)