Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 25 2011
By: IShankapotamusI First Son 5 posts

"You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)"

7 replies 225 views Edited May 25, 2011

What is this crap? First I lose my main PSN account due to the email mysteriously changing, next I can't even sign in on a new account I make for myself because of this stupid error? What do I do?

All I want is to play again.

Message 1 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Re: "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID (e-mail address)"

May 25, 2011

you have to create a new ps3 user

Message 2 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 25, 2011

Your PS3 User is associated with your PSN Account/Sign-In e-Mail Address.

You have created a new PSN ID with a new e-Mail Address and are trying to sign into your PS3 User with the new info.  You cannot do that, as the PS3 User is associated with your old PSN ID/e-Mail.  All your gamesaves, trophies, stats are linked to your old PSN ID.

If you want to use a new PSN ID you have to first create a new PS3 User on your PS3, then tell it you want a Network Account and tell it to use an existing account, and then enter your information for the new PSN ID you created.

Message 3 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 25, 2011

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
360 posts

May 25, 2011

IShankapotamusI wrote:

What is this crap? First I lose my main PSN account due to the email mysteriously changing, next I can't even sign in on a new account I make for myself because of this stupid error? What do I do?

All I want is to play again.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If your email suddenly changed without warning and your login keeps resetting to the bs gmail one you mentioned, I would say the problem is that your original, main PSN account has been stolen.    You will need help from Sony to get it back.

Call Customer Support at 1-800-345-SONY

Monday - Saturday 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM Pacific

Sunday 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM Pacific

Good luck

Message 5 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 26, 2011

I have found that gamesaves CAN be transferred between different accounts... BUT I know at least one game (Top Gun) that encrypts it's gamesaves so you can't even back them up! That being said, I suppose it's possible SOME games may have an issue with it... but the few I tried it with had no issues moving the gamesave to another PSN account.

0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

May 26, 2011

Riverside309 wrote:

I have found that gamesaves CAN be transferred between different accounts... BUT I know at least one game (Top Gun) that encrypts it's gamesaves so you can't even back them up! That being said, I suppose it's possible SOME games may have an issue with it... but the few I tried it with had no issues moving the gamesave to another PSN account.

Gamesaves before trophies can be transferred.

But games/gamesaves that support trophies won't work (that is you can transfer them, but they won't play correctly) because they will not let you earn more trophies, or save further progress.  Some may not even let you open them.

Message 7 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 23, 2011

Yeah, thanks A LOT for that. Jus' bought a new PS3, after about a year of not having 1, and thought I had 2 have deactivated the PSN account on that PS3, before I could use it on this 1. REAL releaved right about now, thanks.

-DNA-

Message 8 of 8 (225 Views)
0 Likes