Dec 16 2013
By: ramforreal First Son 3 posts

"You Cannot Sign In Using Another User's Sign-In ID (Email Address)"

5 replies 9938 views Edited Dec 16, 2013

Ok...not sure what is going on here. When I first bought my ps3 I had my cousin sign in with his ID because I didn't have one created. Now that he's moved out I figured it was a good idea to create one. I have created one but can't seem to be able to log in. The only thing I get is that error message. I have reset the PS3 to factory settings hoping that would clear his log-in information but I still cannot seem to be able to log in. I don't know what to do at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Ram

Message 1 of 6 (9,938 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
341 posts

Re: "You Cannot Sign In Using Another User's Sign-In ID (Email Address)"

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2013

Hello, ramforreal,

If you're trying to create an account with the same email address as your cousins PSN account, that you cannot do. If you want to to use that email address, you must first change it on your cousins account, than you can use it on your account. If you can't do that, you must use a totally new email address for your account.

Message 2 of 6 (9,923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 16, 2013
These are different email addresses we're talking about. I agree, it wouldnt make sense to try to use his. Its my own email that i havent used for PSN ever before.
Message 3 of 6 (9,919 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
341 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2013

I see, you can try using this site, SEN Store. See if it's still giving you the error. Also did you activate your PS3 with his account? Try deactivating your console from his account, to view how to do this go here Deactivate Console -- please note do this on your PS3 and sign in, using his PSN acocunt, to deactivate your PS3 from his account.

Message 4 of 6 (9,917 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Dec 16, 2013

Go all the way to the left on the XMB and create a new user then sign in with your account information.

Message 5 of 6 (9,906 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 16, 2013

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense. He probably still has my PS3 activated and that is why it won't let me do it. I'll have him Deactivate the console on his accound and see if that works. I will update y'all as soon as its done. Thanks

Message 6 of 6 (9,899 Views)
0 Likes