Feb 03 2013
By: Tangent_Servant First Son 4 posts

"There are no items that you can purchase at this time."

3 replies 1078 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Hi, I'm American, with an American-bought PS3 living in the UK (so I'm pulling a UK IP address but I have an American credit card with a US billing address).  When I access the Playstation Store and attempt to rent a movie (in this case, The Shining), I get a message saying, "There are no items that you can purchase at this time."  I was wondering if anyone knows why I'm getting this message and if there's anything I can do to correct the issue so that I can rent movies (and, presumably, do other things - though I don't know if there's anything else that I can't do).

I've updated my PS3 to the most recent update and checked to make sure that my card information is current.  Any advice?

Message 1 of 4 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39148 posts

Re: "There are no items that you can purchase at this time."

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Tangent_Servant wrote:

Hi, I'm American, with an American-bought PS3 living in the UK (so I'm pulling a UK IP address but I have an American credit card with a US billing address).  When I access the Playstation Store and attempt to rent a movie (in this case, The Shining), I get a message saying, "There are no items that you can purchase at this time."  I was wondering if anyone knows why I'm getting this message and if there's anything I can do to correct the issue so that I can rent movies (and, presumably, do other things - though I don't know if there's anything else that I can't do).

I've updated my PS3 to the most recent update and checked to make sure that my card information is current.  Any advice?

Are you also using the American (USA) PSN Store or the UK one?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (1,054 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Everything is priced in dollars, so I assume it is the US store.  However, I've been able to purchase things in the past - I had this PS3 in Korea and Germany before England, and bought items in both of those places (always games; I've never purchased a movie).  I can't remember if I've purchased a game since moving to the UK, though.

Also, if there's a way to switch to the UK store, I don't know it.

Message 3 of 4 (1,047 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 7, 2013

No other input on this?

Message 4 of 4 (991 Views)
0 Likes