Highlighted
Jul 27 2011
By: furyus01 Fender Bender 2904 posts

"Renew License At Store" For Welcome Back Game?!?

5 replies 267 views Edited Jul 27, 2011

I chose LBP and Infamous for my 2 DL.  I just went to play LBP and was prompted to Renew The License for some reason.  I can't find any information on if the Welcome Back Games expire???  Infamous has not given me the same prompt   Anyone have this problem and can help?  There's no way to renew the license on the store other than to purchase it but I was in the understanding that Sony gave those games to keep.  Could probably find a quote to that effect if challenged but Im pretty sure thats common knowledge.  Anyone?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: "Renew License At Store" For Welcome Back Game?!?

Jul 28, 2011

You are quite correct, the two PS3/PSP games we were offered our ours to keep for as long as we want, I don't understand why it is asking you to renew the license for it.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 28, 2011

By any chance did you download any of the free add-ons for LBP?

Message 3 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jul 28, 2011

Why YES I did!  Thats probably it too!!!  they were PS+ exclusives so since that expired THAT is probably what's holding me up...  I would delete the save game data & DL just the game again but I don't see it in my past downloads......

Message 4 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Jul 28, 2011

furyus01 wrote:

Why YES I did!  Thats probably it too!!!  they were PS+ exclusives so since that expired THAT is probably what's holding me up...  I would delete the save game data & DL just the game again but I don't see it in my past downloads......

That's what I was thinking.

Since you can't find the game in your download list, you pretty much only got two options.

1.) Contact Sony and see if they can help you.

2.) Buy a subscription of PS+ ($18 for 3 months or $50 for a year). That's what the "renew license" message is trying to indicate.  

Message 5 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2904 posts

Jul 28, 2011

You nailed it but either option isn't really worth the effort IMO.  I was going to play LBP out of pure boredom during my wait or Deus Ex (crossing fingers its way more like the original).  I appreciate the fixes and the knowledge of what actually went wrong but LBP didn't seem that engrossing.  Thanks again though cuz Im sure Im not the only one dealing with this issue & this thread may shed light to others

Message 6 of 6 (267 Views)
0 Likes