Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 10 2013
By: kdn1231 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

"Disc Only" Option in the Playstation Store

6 replies 3445 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

I am looking to purchase a game in the playstation store, but all the games I want to buy say they are "disc only". Does that mean the only way I can play them is to purchase a disk version of the game? If so, why are they even listed in the Playstation Store. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (3,445 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16753 posts

Re: "Disc Only" Option in the Playstation Store

Jan 10, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (3,441 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013

i just searched for the game I am looking for, and when I find it and click on it in the store, there is no price. And right under the picture is says "Disk only". I am new to using the store, so I know there is a lot I don't know.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (3,438 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16753 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (3,435 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13977 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The games section of this web site is not a Playstation Store.  You can't purchase any Playstation Store content with a web browser in North America.  That only works in Europe.  The Playstation Store can only be accessed by North American accounts by using the Playstation Store app on a console, or by using the Media Go software on a PC (for PSP content only).  If the web site lists the game as "Disk Only", then it is not available for download, and you have to buy the game on disk from a retailer. Except for the PS Vita games, most Playstation platform games are not available for download from the Playstation Store; and are therefore listed as "Disk Only" on the web site.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (3,414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 5, 2013

but why put disc only and have the game in the playstation store if u can't buy the game in the play station store lol

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,979 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

Iz2OrIznot wrote:

but why put disc only and have the game in the playstation store if u can't buy the game in the play station store lol

Sony decided to list a lot of games, even those that are avaialble on disc only & not for download, it's for information purposes only.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1,971 Views)