Splicer
38 posts

Re: "80710092" I can't Sign into PSN?

Apr 18, 2011

experienced the same issue all weekend

What the he|| Sony, you tweet all kinds of spam, but when there is a legitimate concern, you leave your customers in the dark.....

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2011

I also have been having the same error code all weekend! D:  The only thing I found was that I was able to log on better when the UPNP was available, but even then, it takes at least 10 tries.... I try to log on manually with my e-mail saved, but I manually enter my password every time..... As far as Dungeon Hunter goes, my friend was finally able to join me last night with his level 7 character, where before, he had to create a new character every time.  He said when he had to select a character, he immediately hit X over and over very fast on the character he wanted to join with and it worked... haha I don't know how that works, but sure enough, it did!  Hope they fix this issue soon, or I will be moving on to another game, even though I love DH!!!    Best of luck....

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Its week 3 of PSN being down.....and kept down. Just like everyone else, here's what i've been glaring at for the past following weeks:

• Error 80710092 everytime i try to connect to PSN, although my internet check status says im getting an IP
  • Tried manually entering in my log-in info from two different accounts repeatedly, with no luck
  • Tried entering in manually other DNS servers, didnt work
  • Tried restarting my PS3 and the switch it works with (cant restart the router because its on a school network), also no luck
  • Narrowed down the possibilites of NOT being my internet's DNS because my laptop and Xbox360 both work with it just fine
  • Tried so-called "remedies" off the forums here, also didnt work (how suprising  *sarcasm*)

It goes on.....

Sony's sales and reputation are going to plummet, if they haven't already, because frankly this shit is pissing me off that we as a community are left defenseless to a coporation that seems to not want to tell us jack about wtf is going on. On top of that, we have that band of vagabonds or so called "anonymous" who thought it was funny to shut down a globally run server from EVERYONE claiming that it was "for the best of the gaming community." At this rate, im switching back over to my xbox360, at least microsoft, equally as bad as sony, will give you a STATUS of their services being on/offline, not just a link to the knowledge center that gives NO indication of such status, and that they actually give you messages relating to such an issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 18, 2011

I don't care that much but it would be nice to be able to watch Netflix. Sony SHOULD be letting us know what's going on. Even if it is "hackers", we deserve to know that.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2011

well like everone else here im getting the error code as well for the past 3 days or so, it wouldnt auto-sign in, but would manually. as of about an hour ago, i cannot sign in at all......so now im pissed like everyone else....if anyone has any status about whats going on please let me know. thanks..

Pownin Noobs

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 19, 2011

You can still watch netflix even though ur not connected to PSN, well atleast I have been able to.

Same code here in Texas all weekend, but several of my friends that live down the road from me with cable internet seem unaffected. For the love of all that is holy HELP US! *logs into microsoft casually and looks around* Xbox only runs for 20 minutes till RROD!  FML! Time for the PC games! ;'(

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Apr 19, 2011

According to the Network Status page, it's a Non-Slim PS3 issue, that they've been "working on" since Feb 28th...

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I have an idea for Sony if they cant guarantee their network will be up.( which they cant) Then they should keep their slimy tentacles off my other pay accounts. I didnt need them for netflix untill I "upgraded" my ps3 software in a vain attempt to fix the network issue. Now cant log in to netflix.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Agreed.  First of all why do we have to be signed into PSN to use Netflix.  What the hell does one thing have to do with the other.  We should never have to been signed into PSN to access netflix.  A service that we are paying for, mind you.  It freakin sucks.  Netflix needs to do something about that.  For real.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Two FREAKING WEEKS NOW SONY!!!

unbelievably lame.

Network has only been up for a few hours at a time.

Sony brand name aint what it used to be.

Its a watered down joke.

This network crap is ridiculous, and I would think an

embarrassment by now.

FED UP!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 72 (444 Views)
0 Likes