Feb 13 2011
By: Darkness_Nation First Son 1 posts

psp Network won't allow me to add funds to my account but takes funds from my credit card! !?

3 replies 260 views Edited Feb 13, 2011

All Right I just tried to use my credit card to add some funds to my playstation account however it will not accept my credit card info. It keeps saying for me to check my information...... but they still manage to take away about 1$ 8 times in a row from my credit card. How does that work?

Message 1 of 4 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
876 posts

Re: psp Network won't allow me to add funds to my account but takes funds from my credit card! !?

Feb 17, 2011

In order to verify a cc, $1 is charged to it then later refunded back.  If you are getting the $1 taken out you should be good to use it.  Do you have like $10 on the card and are trying to add $10 to your psn?  So the $1 verification transfer might be lowering your card down below what is available, maybe try again in a day or two.

Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: psp Network won't allow me to add funds to my account but takes funds from my credit card! !?

Feb 9, 2012

im having the same problem except they got me for 5$ and are still denying my card wtf ive never had this problem before

Message 3 of 4 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
25527 posts

Feb 9, 2012

Darkness_Nation wrote:

All Right I just tried to use my credit card to add some funds to my playstation account however it will not accept my credit card info. It keeps saying for me to check my information...... but they still manage to take away about 1$ 8 times in a row from my credit card. How does that work?

No funds were taken from your account.  You read the report incorrectly.  Sony submitted an authorization for $1.  That doesn't transfer any funds.  All it does is temporarily reserve that amount of your credit line.  The reservation will expire automatically after about a week.  Sony does this to test the credit card information, to make sure it is valid, and meets Sony's requirements (which it apparently did not).  In order for funds to be transferred, Sony would have to submit a second transaction called a capture.  Sony doesn't ever send a capture for the $1 transactions, so no funds are ever transferred.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)
0 Likes