Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 19 2011
By: rriot09 First Son 2 posts

psn payment method

3 replies 180 views Edited Aug 19, 2011

I tried to use my visa credit/debit card to buy a psn game, and it said my info was not valid. does psn not accept credit/debit cards?

Message 1 of 4 (180 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15592 posts

Re: psn payment method

Aug 19, 2011

PSN accepts Visa credit cards, but not all Visa credit cards.  PSN accepts some Visa debit cards, but not a lot of them.  First of all, the billing address of the credit or debit card must match the state and country that you registered as where you live when you created your PSN account.  If your billing address doesn't match where you said that you live when you created your PSN account, then you can't use the card.  Also, if the card doesn't have a billing address (as with Visa gift cards), or your bank doesn't support the address verification protocol, then PSN won't accept your card then either.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts

Aug 24, 2011

yea. It won't take my bank card. It says the card number is invalid and i've checked and redone it about 5 times.

Message 3 of 4 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2012

So essentially what you are saying is that if I were to move to a new place then my card would no longer work because my new address is not the one I created my PSN account with? That's a horrible flaw In my opinion.

Message 4 of 4 (160 Views)
0 Likes