Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 26 2013
By: shadow-hawke- First Son 4 posts

psn id [not what you think]

9 replies 202 views Edited Mar 26, 2013

I was trying to make a new psn account for several reasons, which I don't want to get into at the moment. Anyway, I have a 5 letter name in mind and I checked the trophies and it doesn't have a profile. I also tried to send a friend request but I got a message saying, "The online ID you entered has not been registered..." However, when I go to register that ID, I get a message saying its been taken.

So I googled the name and there were no media connections associated with it at all, just some foreign, small, privately owned business. I'm confused. Does anyone have an explanation, or better, a solution to this? ~Thanks in advanced :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 10 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12339 posts

Re: psn id [not what you think]

Mar 26, 2013

I believe if an ID has been used, but then the account gets deleted somehow, that you cannot use that name, even though no one currently uses it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (198 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I'm not entirely convinced that is what happened. Is there a way to discover if it was a account that had been deleted?

If there isn't, I will wait a week and try to register it again.

Message 3 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30406 posts

Mar 26, 2013

shadow-hawke- wrote:

I'm not entirely convinced that is what happened. Is there a way to discover if it was a account that had been deleted?

If there isn't, I will wait a week and try to register it again.

I'm sorry I don't think there is.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 10 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I am in agreement that although it may not be active that it was most likely used at one point and was deleted from use.  You are just out of luck with that exact combination you seek.

Perhaps try a slighty different variation of what you are trying to make?

Message 5 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Mar 26, 2013

shadow-hawke- wrote:

I was trying to make a new psn account for several reasons, which I don't want to get into at the moment. Anyway, I have a 5 letter name in mind and I checked the trophies and it doesn't have a profile. I also tried to send a friend request but I got a message saying, "The online ID you entered has not been registered..." However, when I go to register that ID, I get a message saying its been taken.

So I googled the name and there were no media connections associated with it at all, just some foreign, small, privately owned business. I'm confused. Does anyone have an explanation, or better, a solution to this? ~Thanks in advanced :smileyvery-happy:

if you truly think the name is not in use and should be available contact support on it
http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

I would do what was suggested and just add a symbol or something to the name. 

Message 6 of 10 (145 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

Mar 26, 2013
The PSN id's even deleted off the system are still active on the network itself. Possibly could be a PSN I'd that was created before the network outage and that person never created a new password so the account is active but unresponsive until the password has been reset for security reasons.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 7 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3124 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Unless its a blocked or banned account from Sony and the PSN. That's also very likely which could explain why the name can't be created and gives a error if you send it a message or friend request.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 8 of 10 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 26, 2013

shadow-hawke- wrote:

choose another one

Message 9 of 10 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

like it was mentioned it was probably a name someone already used before

someone could have just went through and SPAM registered a bunch of names like people do with domain names

Message 10 of 10 (109 Views)
0 Likes