VP of Gaming
27932 posts

Re: ps3 stolen

Mar 18, 2013

djburruel wrote:

is there any way tto find a stolen ps3 i havce my srl #

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

srl#, serial number?

In response to your question the short answer is no, not unless you get the local police involved & they in-turn go to Sony.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (210 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8664 posts

Mar 18, 2013
No you cannot locate it. No police are going to go through the effort of contacting Sony as the PS isnt that expensive it wont be something they will spend too much time investigating. Unless you have a feeling you know who took it and have them talk to the police.
But even if Sony WERE to get involved they cant track your location esp. if its offline.
No GPS in these.
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (204 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25397 posts

Mar 18, 2013

The only way to get your PS3 back is if the police happen to find it and it matches the serial number that you've given them.

I doubt that you'll get it back, though there is always a chance. If you have your PS3 set to Auto-login, I suggest that you contact SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 to see if they can lock your account until you can access it via another PS3. Or, if you have another PS3 already, go to the account and change the password. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7443 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Welcome to the forums! Although Im sorry it is not under better circumstances.

Unlees  you pick a tracking chip or GPS in your PS3 I have a bad feeling that you are just out of luck.  I hope that is all they took and more important things that family heirlooms of life savings weren't taken as well, or that your family is safe!  I wish you luck in your quest.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4322 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Most of the advice here is solid, and relatively accurate.  Good luck.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (175 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Mar 18, 2013

So here I am attempting this again.  Types novel, Thread gets moved, Post never gets posted.:smileyfrustrated::smileylol:

Short and sweet:

BRIT is right, report it as stolen to Authorities.

Hopefully you kept the box and documentation of any money you spent on DLC and the like.

This being said, TEMPEST is spot on with reporting this to SONY.  It may help you recover some of your lost content.  There are no guarantees on that, but at least in this case, the thief can do you no more harm.

As well, go and change your Passwords and possibly user names for EVERYTHING.  You would be surprised what people can get with a small bit of information these days.  Treat is as though; NO account you hold is safe under the previous User Names and Passwords.

Final note; IF you have Home Owner's Insurance or even Renter's Insurance, you may be able to file a claim after you generate a Police Report.  Again, this will depend highly on Serial Numbers (God's Sake DO NOT GIVE IT HERE!), and any documentation you may have for purchases.  I personally keep records of everything and boxes for all things electronics.

I have been broken into enough times to know, the insurance companies give you no problems, when you have monetary proof of ownership for stolen goods.  The Police might not care, and may give you an air of so what, but the report, coupled with documentation will help you regarding the insurance.

I know, I said short, but oh well.:smileywink:

Best of luck to you and sorry for your loss.:smileyindifferent:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (167 Views)
First Son
13 posts

May 3, 2013

I have a similar problem.  I have the MAC address for one of my 2 PS3's that were stolen in November.  The police said they wouldn't contact Sony because I wasn't a high priority figure.  I know they are online because they wiped my friends list.  The ability to download videos from the Store is activated on one of those systems.  I also have my profile activated on both of those systems.  I have a new slim, but I can't use certain functions because of Sony's 2 system rule.  So, if you can track them, then great.  If not, can you please turn off the acct so I can stream movies from the store, again?  I would love to find out who stole it as the same people are suspected of being involved in many robberies in the county and I want some of the stuff I can't replace like photos and months of stories I was in the process of getting published (on flash drives they stole). 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5175 posts

May 3, 2013

Bane, you post will not be read by SONY customer service, and nobody here can turn off your account.  You need to contact SONY customer service directly by clicking on "Contacting Support" in the lower left corner of any forum page.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (121 Views)
First Son
13 posts

May 3, 2013
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (117 Views)