First Son
5 posts

Re: ps3 YouTube app problem

Sep 17, 2012

Any fixes for this app yet?

Worked once for me in last 2 weeks. Now all I get is "Unable to contact YouTube".

Whats the point in having an app that doesnt work?!?!

Message 81 of 184 (2,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2012

yeah mine keeps freezing and when i try to quit the app it restarts the system. the whole new interface is poppycock. should have kept the "standard version" and just made it hd.

Message 82 of 184 (2,498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Yes, same here. Ever since the YouTube app came out, when playing a video, it may or may not hang when playing a video. YouTube app still functions but seems as if it is not catching the stream from YouTube. The YouTube app runs because it can be exited. It does not lockup the YouTube app as it still functions and can be exited. You can also see the 'wheel' spinning as if it's waiting for data from YouTube.
It does not lockup my PS3. I think people that think it's their PS3 are doing damage to their units themselves possibly by doing a forced shutdown. People, the problem is in the YouTube app and how it gets the stream from YouTube, not in the PS3. If you shut down your PS2, abnormal, forced, etc you'll do more damage. Just wait and be patient for the YouTube app to timeout and you'll have control againn.
Message 83 of 184 (2,390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 23, 2012

This app sucks so much.. LAGS LAGS LAGS.. plays fine for about a minute.. then LAGS LAGS LAGS... it seriously makes me wanna punch myself in the nuts.. makes everything i watch sound chopped and screwed.. the app has a good look and seems like it would actually be fun to use.. please.. for the sake of my nuts.. fix this app.             thanks PS.

Message 84 of 184 (2,246 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Sep 23, 2012

The app (in terms of video quality) is pretty good and I've had it freeze once and it is much faster just to watch a Youtube video on my computer but now I'm having a problem where I have to activate my account each time I want to sign in on the ps3. 

Message 85 of 184 (2,223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6854 posts

Sep 23, 2012

X_BROCKLEE_X wrote:

The app (in terms of video quality) is pretty good and I've had it freeze once and it is much faster just to watch a Youtube video on my computer but now I'm having a problem where I have to activate my account each time I want to sign in on the ps3. 

The next time it happens DO NOT login but quit the app and go to PS3 save data and delete the You tube save file.

Then go to https://accounts.google.com/b/0/IssuedAuthSubTokens?hl=en on PC.

See if  "YouTube Leanback — YouTube " is listed as a allowed app. 

Now load the PS3 APP and login. Now go back to  https://accounts.google.com/b/0/IssuedAuthSubTokens?hl=en and see if you tube has shown up. Quit the app and see if the application gets deleted. If it does its googles server thats deleted the access.

which means you can't do any thing your end... Leave feed back on the Googles feed back link...  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 86 of 184 (2,216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Im haveing the same issue. It worked just fine when i downloaded the app now it says cant connect to you tube and restarts my slim. I guess the fattys are not haveing any issues.

Message 87 of 184 (2,198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 27, 2012

i have the same problem, it wont load videos at all, and when i close the app my ps3 either restarts entirely or freezes up...

Message 88 of 184 (2,094 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 28, 2012

my ps3 has same youtube app problem cant seem to fix it either sony better fix this annoying bug

The Lone Wolf
Message 89 of 184 (1,892 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Mine tells me to register my device in order to watch. I register it and it reloads to the same message, never letting me past the activation, never allowing me to watch a video.
Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 90 of 184 (1,885 Views)
0 Likes