First Son
1 posts

Re: ps3 YouTube app problem

Sep 1, 2012

I am having the same issue with playback of a different video.  It displays the new video I select but plays the previous one.  Very frustrating and useless app.  The you tube app on ps3 is useless needless to say.  Please Sony provide fix or update.

Message 61 of 184 (15,804 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

I'm actually having a different problem with this app, that says it is "Unable to contact Youtube", if the app does get past that, it'll say there are no videos available, and where you sign in at it will have "Sign Out?", like it normally does, but it won't show my youtube picture or username, I've tried deleting and re-installing the app at least 10 times, along with deleting its saved data, but nothing works.

Message 62 of 184 (15,792 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012
I haven't checked the 7 pages of replies so maybe it's been covered. I couldn't get my ps3 YouTube app to play anything. At first it would just show black and lock up. Later I got "playback error". Yesterday I bypassed my router, went straight from the modem and it worked. I have A dlink dir 655. I downloaded a firmware from the site cause the auto update lied and said I had the latest update. It then worked through the router.
Message 63 of 184 (15,714 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I am having the same problem as everyone else. It worked for the first couple of days, then nothing. It would lock up then it forced reboot of my ps3. Now it will load but won't find any videos. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now the search works but won't load videos. If I try my tablet, it keeps saying the ps3 is taking a long time and never plays any videos.

I think they rushed this out too quickly. I doubt they even tested it before putting it out for download.

Message 64 of 184 (15,708 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Please fix this app. 

Message 65 of 184 (15,634 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 5, 2012

LazyShady wrote:
Well Im in the US and have Zero problems with the YouTube App. But i talked to a few people and found out that the YouTube app has some bugs in it and will be fixed asap. (Google contract with Sony, so it's gonna happen people).

Im with this guy..... Zero Problems here. 

The app works smooth as butter for me

Furiously Chaosing
Message 66 of 184 (15,617 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 5, 2012

I've read through the forum.  My situation appears to be a mixture, but quite similar.  About a week ago the PS3 prompted me to download the app in order to continue to youtube.  I was very pleased with the initial results, and up until 2 days ago it was great.  Then suddenly I only receive a message reading "Unable to connect to youtube".  That's it.  I've tried uninstalling the app, and running youtube from the browser, but even the browser runs a hard re-direct to the app.  So, I redownloaded it.  Same results.

I called PS3 support, and initially they weren't aware of anything.   Then they said it was a youtube issue.  It probably is, however I've combed through youtube hard, and have only found stuff well in advance of the "APP", so it doesn't apply. 

Contacting youtube is tough, but I've tried to start a thread, and hope someone will respond.  If so, I'll post more here, and look forward to any resolutions anyone has discovered.

Message 67 of 184 (15,614 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

Well, until the app gets fixed, you can click this link using your PS3 to access the desktop version of YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/index?persist_app=1&app=desktop

Message 68 of 184 (15,583 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Glad im not the only one who has a lag when will they have an update for it

Message 69 of 184 (15,456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 8, 2012

ill say it since no one else will. the youtube app sucks. it was better through the browser . and they kinda forced the new app on us . **bleep** that app

Message 70 of 184 (9,692 Views)