First Son
2 posts

Re: ps3 YouTube app problem

Aug 26, 2012

I would like to thank you for creating a app that has the ability to freeze my system and reboot it. I was getting worried that your compnay was missing out on a close ninch market group of players that enjoy having thier systems ruined by installing seemingly safe and working apps. Thank you for this wonderful excperience. 

Message 51 of 184 (4,757 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 27, 2012

this new app really, really sucks. what, cause i don't have a smartphone i'm not good enough to sign into my youtube account? i used to watch youtube a couple hours a day on my ps3 now i don't bother. it crashes my system, takes forever to load itself as well as videos, doesn't allow me to sign into my account, and forces me to search with that annoying rotating alphabet. besides causing me to search for youtube alternatives, what the hell is this app supposed to do?

Message 52 of 184 (4,717 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Aug 27, 2012

JacenX420 wrote:

this new app really, really sucks. what, cause i don't have a smartphone i'm not good enough to sign into my youtube account? i used to watch youtube a couple hours a day on my ps3 now i don't bother. it crashes my system, takes forever to load itself as well as videos, doesn't allow me to sign into my account, and forces me to search with that annoying rotating alphabet. besides causing me to search for youtube alternatives, what the hell is this app supposed to do?

You can still use standard YouTube which works perfectly in the PS3's new browser. See here on how to restore access. You could bookmark YT home page loaded by "View Standard Version" link (for when you get the YT app web page again (associated cookie expires)) and if you use bookmark in place of any existing YT home page bookmark, you may never see app page again. 

Message 53 of 184 (4,711 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 29, 2012

i haven't had any problems with the app restarting my system, but the audio clips/stutters horribly. i know it's not my internet connection because i have a high speed cable setup with at least five megabits per second down pretty much all the time. i hope they patch/ update this app soon because i'm really excited for it, just needs some work.

Message 54 of 184 (4,655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 29, 2012

It surprises me how many people misunderstand the point of a forum.  It doesn't do anybody any good for you to get on here and say things like "this app really sucks"  and use words that I can't even repeat without offering any kind of constructive report or advice to help others. Go whine to you mommy and stay off this forum. Let the adults talk.

To that end.  I can confirm that the issue is isolated to when the CPU is processing something in the background which would suggest that this is related to resource allocation. 

Message 55 of 184 (4,638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2012

i have the same issue is there any fixes for it. it makes me not even want to ues the youtube on my ps3 anymore

Message 56 of 184 (4,574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 31, 2012

i tried to go on the youtube app today--and it tried to load--but it kept saying unable to contact youtube. anybody else having this problem besides me?  or are they doing some fixing on it?

Message 57 of 184 (4,568 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Aug 31, 2012

Same issue here...no freezing/rebooting, but terrible stuttering and hitching that make it unusable for all practicality. Pity too, they've been promising a YouTube app for several years now, and when they finally release it, it sucks eggs.

Message 58 of 184 (4,554 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah, this app is a complete hot mess as it stands, right now. I've pretty much experienced all of what others have mentioned, in addition to fact that NOW I don't even see a freaking thing in any of my subscriptions or other lists! All it keeps telling me is "no videos".....seriously, **bleep**?? I maybe got this app to work ONCE, which I believe was day 1 after downloading it, but since then it's went progressively downhill ever since. Sony needs to pull this crap off and make Google rework this s*** again, if you ask me b/c this app is pathetic.
R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Message 59 of 184 (4,537 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Aug 31, 2012
Well Im in the US and have Zero problems with the YouTube App. But i talked to a few people and found out that the YouTube app has some bugs in it and will be fixed asap. (Google contract with Sony, so it's gonna happen people).

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 60 of 184 (8,855 Views)
0 Likes