First Son
8 posts

Re: ps3 YouTube app problem

Aug 20, 2012

Works fine for me Smiley Very Happy The only problems that i have is that I cannot comment on a video and when I try to fast foward a vid , the whole app freezes and i have to restart the Ps3. It's kinda annoying -.-

Spoiler
Woman Wink
No remorse for compassion or love

GIFSoup

banner elfen lied fan
Message 41 of 184 (6,171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 20, 2012
It just loops the first video I play for me. I have to exit the app to play another one.

Hope they fix soon.
Message 42 of 184 (6,162 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6855 posts

Aug 20, 2012

zombie_breed wrote:

Works fine for me Smiley Very Happy The only problems that i have is that I cannot comment on a video and when I try to fast foward a vid , the whole app freezes and i have to restart the Ps3. It's kinda annoying -.-

Spoiler
Woman Wink

Just curious, how did you fast forwarding?  There may be other ways of doing it; I never had a problem but all I ever did was tap R2 to skip small chunks.

Message 43 of 184 (6,147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 22, 2012

this youtube app is very annoying. i like to use youtube alot, but now i dont want to even mess with youtube anymore. its become to much of a hastle, it freezes all the time and i cant enjoy one single video without everything being choppy and distorted. i am very very disappointed in sony playstation for this as a loyal sony playstation customer! (since ps one) i always had alot of faith in their apps and additions, but now it seems like sony is getting kinda half A$$ and unreliable at times. i just hope they turn this around quick and start doing things with a little more concern for their PSN members instead of eliminating good options (youtube) and replacing them with crappy ones (youtube app).

Message 44 of 184 (6,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I get video but it skips like a scratched DVD.

Message 45 of 184 (5,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 24, 2012

The app works like crap on my machine, too. I have a fast internet connection, using WiFi, and I'm using a 160 GB Slim which is fully upgraded. I look at a video, any video, and it stutters in the exact way trying to emulate N64 or PS2 games on your computer would stutter if your system was not good enough. Worse, actually. It's not even like the streaming lag. This is literally 25% slower. And it does this immediately upon opening a video. I even tried pausing & starting to see if it'd help, but no. And then when I was rewinding, it completely froze so the PSHome is the only button that would work, and when I quit the app, it restarted my PS3 with 3 beeps (which scared the crap out of me. I thought I was about to have the light of death!)

This is very disappointing. The old YouTube may not have been ideal, but it had the most important function. The ability to play videos.

Message 46 of 184 (5,974 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Yes, the youtube app is absolute garbage, I can't sign in, videos work GREAT... Errr except for the fact that after one video, I can't watch another, it just gets stuck on that video and it never changes..

SONY... Look, just let us use YoutubeXL AND the app, or just get rid of the app all together, because, honestly, signing in to PSN just to watch youtube is a bit ridiculous, when I don't want people to message me when I'm watching videos. 

I hope this gets resolved. Sorry for the outburst.

Message 47 of 184 (5,959 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 24, 2012

new youtube app sucks 

thay need to fix a lot of it 

0123456789 _abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

just need a key bord not that **bleep** searching it sucks now

NEW APP SUCKS

Message 48 of 184 (5,937 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Same problem here, Youtube PS3 app is choppy, it is not related to Youtube itself, not the internet connection and it occur with HD and Non HD videos, Short or Long, Fully buffered or not, also noticed that when the video start the choppiness the PS3 HDD LED starts to blink, as soon as this LED stop blinking the choppiness is gone.

Message 49 of 184 (5,849 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6572 posts

Aug 26, 2012

It is a Internet problem USERs from out side the USA are able to run the app with out problems now due to the US RSS feed usage on PS3.

Unlocking theYoutube app with out a making a US PSN ID account, now in a SD recorded demo video...

With footage of app in usage.... this is with a UK ISP 3000 miles way... 

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

Fix your 3.5mm headset mic issues with a solution....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  Click Here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 50 of 184 (4,451 Views)
0 Likes