Aug 15 2012
By: Kilo720 Splicer 35 posts

ps3 YouTube app problem

183 replies 51582 views Edited Aug 15, 2012
I don't know if it just mine but on the new YouTube app when ever I watch a video and try watching another video the same video i just watch is play it place and it does to every video i try to watch the same first video plays a till i quit and open the app again it does the same thing anybody having the same problem or know a fix?
Message 1 of 184 (51,582 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Re: ps3 YouTube app problem

Aug 15, 2012

I can’t use the youtube app, it takes like forever to load and never loads, and when I try to exit from the app my ps3 restarts by itself doing 3 beeps...What is wrong with it??And now I'm having some freezing screens on netflix too..and it all started after this youtube app

Message 2 of 184 (51,574 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 15, 2012

haven't seen your issue; all video's I've pulled up on my phone have played on the PS3 as expected; my problem right now is that the video's start stuttering badly, like major lag is happening. I don't see this when playing the same video's on my PC or phone.

Message 3 of 184 (51,538 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 15, 2012

i see the exact same issue...

it sounds like for some people the video wont even load and crashes their ps3

Message 4 of 184 (51,531 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Aug 15, 2012

i don't understand all these problems people say they are having,i installed the app a few hours ago and have watched many videos without absolutely any issues whatsoever and i exited it many times to see if i would get the 3 beeps/reset issue,never happened and works great on my old fatty..i love it and it's about time..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 5 of 184 (51,493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I have the same issue on my slim. I can choose a video and play it but when I choose another video it just keeps playing the first video like its stuck on that one. It doesn't matter if I use my phone or the PS3 controller, I get the same results. I hope they fix this soon.
Message 6 of 184 (51,355 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 16, 2012

This **bleep** freezes and skips worse then a scratched CD in the pinche 1990's WTH! They need to let you adjust the quality of the video

Message 7 of 184 (51,311 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Not to sound pretentious, but I think I was among the first to download this app and I have toyed with it extensively. As such, I have to say that this app isn't stumbling out of the gate on account it has broken legs. The app has crashed my PS3 three times so far, there is no keyboard support, and the Dualshock controls seem to change every time I use it. After I installed the app, I quickly went to sign in so I could get to my subscriptions because, as you may know, XL won't let you get to your subscriptions. I was confronted with a screen that told me to go to youtube.com/activate and enter the code displayed. Well, I did that; several times. Every time I did it, I went back into the app and was brought to the same prompt, albeit with a different code. I did use the browser on the PS3 to enter the code, however, and you may need to enter it on a different computer or smartphone; I haven't tried this method yet.

Message 8 of 184 (51,290 Views)
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

What you need to is stay on your  screen on the ps3 youtube app about the signing in part with the activation code. Now since I have only one internet modem and no wireless internet It will be impossible for me to go to my computer and go back to the app via ethernet cable it doesn't work that way. What I did was go on my cell phone internet browser put the code in and bam there you go This is the method I suggest you do as well.

Message 9 of 184 (51,243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 16, 2012
So far I am having quite a few problems with the app itself.
1. Youtube app on ps3 froze on me(Had to restart the ps3)
2. I'm getting slow buffering on sd and hd videos(I have a good internet connection I stream perfectly on youtube xl and crackle as well.)
3. Seems to be a couple of glitches where some videos won't play or be stuck when you try to play a different one also.
Message 10 of 184 (51,240 Views)