Highlighted
Nov 07 2013
By: MrWinchester1 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

problem with deactivating my ps3 devices.

2 replies 185 views Edited Nov 7, 2013

Hi! i bought a new ps3 and i want to be able to access my psn games. when i try to deactivate my old devices using the SNE website, i get a message saying  "you have deactivated your devices recently and cannot use this feature at this time." i just bought BF4 and i dont have any access to my old devices. Please help me asap. thanks

Message 1 of 3 (185 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6912 posts

Re: problem with deactivating my ps3 devices.

Nov 7, 2013

MrWinchester1 wrote:

Hi! i bought a new ps3 and i want to be able to access my psn games. when i try to deactivate my old devices using the SNE website, i get a message saying  "you have deactivated your devices recently and cannot use this feature at this time." i just bought BF4 and i dont have any access to my old devices. Please help me asap. thanks

You can try contacting Sony support with the link at the bottom of the page.  There's no other way to deactivate other than what you've mentioned.  You might be able to talk them into it, but don't expect them to.

Message 2 of 3 (181 Views)
MVP Support
14484 posts

Re: problem with deactivating my ps3 devices.

Nov 7, 2013

You received that message because you used the "deactivate" feature within the last six months.  SONY implemented this timeframe to help stop gamesharing - the most common reason people needed the deactivate feature.  Only SONY customer service can help you as JERM7 pointed out.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 3 (170 Views)
0 Likes