Mar 03 2012
By: MMX9 Splicer 81 posts

petition to up the account limit by 1.

5 replies 45 views Edited Mar 3, 2012

we all love to game right? Sony's all about gaming right? Well i think Sony has wronged its customers by bring the account limit to such a low number... i bet if enough people agree to this they wont be able to deny that they need to change that! so what do you say?

Message 1 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: petition to up the account limit by 1.

Mar 4, 2012

What is the account limit now?

Message 2 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Mar 4, 2012

I think he is talking about how many console you can activate licensed content on per purchase with an account, which is 2 PS3s.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 3 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39433 posts

Mar 4, 2012

You're not allowed to make petitions.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28763 posts

Mar 5, 2012

MMX9 wrote:

we all love to game right? Sony's all about gaming right? Well i think Sony has wronged its customers by bring the account limit to such a low number... i bet if enough people agree to this they wont be able to deny that they need to change that! so what do you say?

I'll bet that you are wrong about that.  Sony is well aware that lots of gamers want more activations per account.  Why wouldn't they? Activations don't cost the gamer anything. They do cost the game publishers, which include Sony, something. Sony is not "all about gaming".  Sony makes most of its money from products that are not specifically for gaming. To the extent that Sony is about gaming, Sony is about making profits from gaming. Sony reduced the number of activations in order to reduce game-sharing in violation of the Playstation Store licenses; which was costing it, and other publishers, revenue in the Playstation Store. It was also discouraging publishers from offering their games in the Playstation Store at all, which is a problem for Sony's hardware products. It largely killed the PSP Go. Prohibited game-sharing was so common that some people actually posted to this forum, asking for help in sharing Playstation Store games with their friends.

Two is the number of consoles that Sony intended customers to have activated all along.  Originally Sony would not remove activations from a PSN account unless the deactivation was done from the console itself.  The three extra activations were provided to cover consoles that were lost, stolen, or failed and were not sent in for repair.  Today you can reset your activations for a particular console platform every six months without needing to be able to sign-in from any of the consoles.  There is no need for the extra activations anymore, so Sony removed them.  Sony isn't likely to change the policy unless it has reason to believe that a significant number of customers actually own, and actively use, more than two consoles of a particular type at a time.  Don't hold your breath waiting for that. 

Even if petitions were allowed under forum rules, this one would be a waste of time.  It wouldn't tell Sony anything that Sony doesn't already think is true.

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 7, 2012

For the record, the new terms of service that we had to agree to for the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) allows each account to be activated on up to three PS3s at any given time.

My son actually had one of his accounts activated on three PS3s all at once (for legitimate troubleshooting purposes I might add).

I completely agree with the comments about gamesharing being all too common.  I've actually had random people ask me to do that!  Always turned down, often with a criticism leveled at them.  When legitimate players have problems, we then have to jump through extra hoops just to get things fixed!

This message posted by meticulousdragon.
BF3 Stats
Above image from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.
Message 6 of 6 (45 Views)
0 Likes