Dec 04 2013
By: marcus_heyeOMAHA First Son 4 posts

online ID change

7 replies 201 views Edited Dec 4, 2013
i realize that they dont allow editing of the online id, so i can totally make a new one, but how will that effect the games on my ps3? my trophies? everything on the ps3 from that account would become unaccessible, correct? i'm the sony guy in the house...surrounded by xbox users...who can absolutely change their online ID. i'm getting a little old for my name to be bizzybud420...anybody who has any feedback about this, please help me out.
Message 1 of 8 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16973 posts

Re: online ID change

Dec 4, 2013

marcus_heyeOMAHA wrote:
i realize that they dont allow editing of the online id, so i can totally make a new one, but how will that effect the games on my ps3? my trophies? everything on the ps3 from that account would become unaccessible, correct? i'm the sony guy in the house...surrounded by xbox users...who can absolutely change their online ID. i'm getting a little old for my name to be bizzybud420...anybody who has any feedback about this, please help me out.

No, that account would not be unaccessible - you could access it anytime you like.  Accounts do not get deleted.

You cannot transfer purchases, trophies or wallet funds between accounts, though.  Sorry.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 8 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2013
so i can sign into psn with my new account, pop in GTA V, and play online with new characters? or is it like 1 game per account? i appreciate the help.
Message 3 of 8 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16973 posts

Dec 4, 2013

marcus_heyeOMAHA wrote:
so i can sign into psn with my new account, pop in GTA V, and play online with new characters? or is it like 1 game per account? i appreciate the help.

Yes, you can.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear ** ** two-step verification - use it **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 4 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2013
thats the most awesome thing i've heard in quite some time...thanks alot.
Message 5 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
16973 posts

Dec 4, 2013

You're welcome.  Enjoy.

As a further clarification - it's just like if you bought a used PS3 game - you just pop it in and it'll work.  If there are codes for online gaming or DLC that were already used, well there you're out of luck.  Otherwise you're at liberty to do what you want!

”Signature-1.jpg”

Message 6 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Ok if I'm an online player and I wanna change my online id how can I change it ? And is that will effect on my online level like COD , BF4 , or AC4. Please reply as fast as you can and thank you for you're for further replys .
Message 7 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 4, 2013
you cant. you can only start a new one and your game data does NOT ransfer over. but you can log back into your previous account at any time and your data will be there.
Message 8 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes