Dec 22 2011
By: Hs187x First Son 3 posts

need help, getting real mad..

6 replies 52 views Edited Dec 22, 2011

hey guys, idk what the heck is going on.. but a last week my net cables got chewed by my dogs.. they got replaced.. and my main problem is.. i CANNOT connect to the psn.. everyone i know with a ps3 has no problems.. what so ever... my internet works..(obviously)  i got connection.. my wii, gets net connection... so does my ps3... but when i try to sign in it just sits there n BLINKS untill this bs error comes up "the connection to the server timed out" its really annoying i cant use psn.. and whats a ps3 without psn? nothing really if you ask me.... i just need some type of help ive tried EVERYTHING!!!! restarting router... i even formatted my ps3 thinkin that would help.. but nothing.. i almost broke down my door because of this error its stupid... SOMEONE TELL ME ITS A PROBLEM WITH MY INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER..... so i can call and chew there asses out for not being able to fully use my net an paying month to month..

someone help me cuz i dont wanna end up breaking the shit, or selling it.. i just wanna sign in and play..but this, this is making it very VERY easy to just sell my stuff

Message 1 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Re: need help, getting real mad..

Dec 22, 2011

Try Double checking your Network settings, Try disabling your Media Server connection ( I did that & I'm getting far better results). Also do a Speed test @ http://www.speedtest.net/ & see if that maybe the issue.

Message 2 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31467 posts

Dec 23, 2011

It's not a problem with your Internet Service Provider. Just forget about that.  There is no reason to think that they changed anything. If you didn't replace the Ethernet cable that connects your PS3 to the router, do so.  If you did replace it, replace it again (or just swap it for a cable from a device that can connect to the Internet, and see if the problem moves).  Also try using a different Ethernet port on the router, just to make sure that isn't the problem.

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 23, 2011

okay i will try... um as far as the network settings.. they seem to all be right... i mean my ps3 has internet connection.. like i can get on a webpage n stuff.. but only when it comes to signing into PSN it doesnt work.. connection times out.. 

and i use a wireless connection threw a router not a ethernet cable.. but im gonna try some stuff and ill post back on here if i fix it or not.. hopefully i do so that way any future ps3 gamers have the same situation.. they could know how to fix it.. but thanks for replying guys!

UPDATE: well guys.. nothing works........ like literally.. nothing! im so tired of this that im probally gunna sell my system... im reformatting EVERYTHING and wiping everything from the ps3........ since i cant seem to login to the PSN because when i click login with exsisting account.. or even create a new account.. it LITERALLY sits n blinks for atleast 60+ seconds and then says "connection to the server timed out" idk what it is.. cant be my connection because all of our other systems n laptops can connect with not one problem... really irritating so if this damn 9 hour reformatting does not work and allow me to login.. im done, my ps3 is sold or out the window ^-^ whichever feels right at the time.

Message 4 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 23, 2011

You might want to check you have the proper ports open on your firewall before you sell your system. I was having the exact same issue: surfing the internet through my system, but unable to access PSN. After calling Sony 8+ times in the past three days, I was finally able to iron out the issue. Make sure the ports on your firewall are open, and turn off and unplug your system, modem and router before restarting it all. Just a thought.

Message 5 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I got a similar error yesterday through my wired connection for some reason, but I was able to fix the problem.

Here's what I did:

XMB >> Network Settings >> Network Configuration >> Auto setup

I redid the setup and the PS3 fixed the problem. Something must of got altered in the settings by mistake (probably during shutdown).

Message 6 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Dec 24, 2011

oh okay XMB sorry i spaced out for a minute hahah

and okay ill try.. but i already set my ps3 to reformat my hard drive.. should be done in about 7 hours.. a clean hard drive is cool though not gonna bother me atleast most my info is saved in my PSN login n all that.. so i wont lose "everything" but as soon as the formatting is dont i will try what both of you said..

thanks a bunch.

Message 7 of 7 (52 Views)
0 Likes