May 14 2013
By: magsimus90 First Son 4 posts

my psn card already consumed ?

11 replies 223 views Edited May 14, 2013

i just bought a gift card psn 20 $ and when i type code it tells me its already consumed but this is the first time i used it and i typed the code correctly

Message 1 of 12 (223 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15691 posts

Re: my psn card already consumed ?

May 14, 2013

Welcome to the forums, magsimus90.

Make sure you're not mistaking a 1 for a lower case "L", or zero for the letter "O".   If you're sure there is a problem go back to the store that sold you the card and have them replace it.  You might need to contact SONY to find out when the card was used, and if it's before your purchased it you should have no problem getting a replacement.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 12 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Make sure you're not mistaking a 1 for a lower case "L", or zero for the letter "O".   If you're sure there is a problem go back to the store that sold you the card and have them replace it.  You might need to contact SONY to find out when the card was used, and if it's before your purchased it you should have no problem getting a replacement.

^^ Best option.

I could get into a long detail of events, that would serve as a cautionary and informative tail, but I digress.  vfr has the best advice.  Go back to the store and tell them.

Worst case, go to the Live Chat (linked in my signature), start a case with them.  Print out your transcription and bring it to the store with you.

I wish you luck.

Moble

Message 3 of 12 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 14, 2013

THANKS GUYS I WILL contact the store ( gamestop ) the problem is my sister bought it for me in a diffrant country and now she is home

Message 4 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40582 posts

May 14, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

^^ Best option.

I could get into a long detail of events, that would serve as a cautionary and informative tail, but I digress.  vfr has the best advice.  Go back to the store and tell them.

Worst case, go to the Live Chat (linked in my signature), start a case with them.  Print out your transcription and bring it to the store with you.

I wish you luck.

Moble

LOL Smiley Very Happy

Sorry couldn't help it!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 12 (204 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

May 14, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

vfr_800_rider wrote:

^^ Best option.

I wish you luck.

Moble

LOL Smiley Very Happy

Sorry couldn't help it!

BRIT-KO

Smiley Mad  Oh come on! One spelling/grammar mistake per 50 Posts is not that bad!Smiley LOL

Good catch though.  I will be better next time! xD

Moble

Message 6 of 12 (198 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 14, 2013

magsimus90 wrote:

THANKS GUYS I WILL contact the store ( gamestop ) the problem is my sister bought it for me in a diffrant country and now she is home

That my very likely be why it will not work.  While game discs are NOT region locked on the PS3, Codes for PSN Cards and DLC is VERY region locked.  E.g. if your sister was in Europe and purchased the card for you, and you live in the US and your PSN account is a US Account, the PSN Card will never work for you.  The codes are attached to the region that they came from, so if your PSN Account is not from the same region that the PSN Card is from, it will not work.

Message 7 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 14, 2013

i have a account for usa and  the card is from usa still not working i contacted the store he told me to contact sony 

Message 8 of 12 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 14, 2013
Are you certain? The reason why I am asking is that you stated that your sister bought it for you in a different country. GameStop operates all over the world, and generally speaking the employees who work at GameStop only care about making a sale. So if your sister bought it from a GameStop in a different country and said that she was buying it for you here in the US, the employee there wouldn't care whether or not it worked for you.

I guess I'm just trying to get some more information about where the card was purchased since if it was indeed purchased outside of the US, it likely will not work on a US account. Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 12 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 14, 2013

i have a us account and the card was bought in broadway in new york

Message 10 of 12 (178 Views)
0 Likes