Feb 12 2012
By: El_Duderinno First Son 1 posts

mw3 server connection time out host migration

1 replies 117 views Edited Feb 12, 2012

I've been playing mw3 for a couple months, and played mw2 for over a year as well but I've run into a rather annoying problem ever since downloading and installing the latest playstation patch.  Everytime(or almost) there's a host migration I get dropped from my party and the game.  My party continues fine after the host migration, but i get the error 'server connection timeout'.  This is really annoying, there is a lot of host migrations.  As i already said this just started happening after the latest update.  My brother has a playstation on the same home network as me(both wired) and when we play together I get dropped but he contines on just fine.  This only happens when the host leaves and than there is a host migration.  I am fairly certain I am not the host in these instances, as I read that if theres a host migration due to lag the old host gets dropped.  My bro has the old style 60gig, and I have the new style 80gig, that seems to be the only differnce between him continueing on, and me waiting for the game to finish and get invited again.  Plz help, thx.

Message 1 of 2 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28768 posts

Re: mw3 server connection time out host migration

Feb 15, 2012

It makes sense that the old host would be dropped in the event of a host migration.  If the latency on the connection is too long to host, it would cause problems for online game-play in general.  It is possible that the netcode tests the latency of the other player's connections also before resuming the game, but I have no way of knowing that.  That kind of info isn't usually in the manual.  You would have to ask Activision support for those kinds of details.  I doubt that the model of PS3 makes any difference. Your brother probably just has a lower latency Internet connection than you do.

GKP
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)
0 Likes