Highlighted
Oct 22 2013
By: clownkiller007 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

license renew problem for video content

3 replies 1227 views Edited Oct 22, 2013

I recently had to call the support line because most of my tv shows and movies were telling me I needed to renew my license in the playstation store.  They lady on the line said it is not a common problem, but she will have a tech look at it and get back to me in 3 business days.  2 weeks later nothing.

My playstation is active

I have approx 100 movies and tv shows that I have downloaded

Only recently have I been asked to renew the licensing, otherwise in the past year that I have had my new playstation, it has not asked once.

Some movies/tv shows work

Support lady said it is because I have not watched the content in the past 6 months, but that seems unreasonable that I have buy the content over and over again unless I watch every movie/tv show at least once every 6 months.

Any help on this is appreciated, or if anybody has run into this and found a work around please let me know.

Message 1 of 4 (1,227 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28819 posts

Re: license renew problem for video content

Oct 23, 2013

For some PSN content, such as games, the license will renew automatically, if needed, when you play it while you are signed-in to PSN as the account that purchased it.  For other content, you may have to find the content in your downloads list and click the Download button.  The content won't actually be downloaded again if it is already installed, but the license should be renewed if it has expired.

GKP
Message 2 of 4 (1,208 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 3, 2014
So I am also having the same problem but in my POV I didn't purchased the content. Is their any way I can still renew my license?
Message 3 of 4 (677 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 28, 2015

I have the same problem but i clear out my downooad list so i have no way of knowing if this fix works

Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes