May 26 2013
By: DSC912 First Son 2 posts

inFAMOUS 2 trophy issue

[ Edited ]
3 replies 80 views Edited May 26, 2013

Finished the game, no trophy. Shot in the dark, but any chance this is a documented glitch or just my luck?

I'm online and all the other trophies popped besides the two for finishing the game.

Also, another shot in the dark, can Playstation support unlock them? All my save data is there and I figure it's worth asking before I play through the game a third, unnecessary time... :/

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (80 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13173 posts

Re: inFAMOUS 2 trophy issue

May 26, 2013

Playstation customer support will not add or remove trophies from your online PSN profile, for Sony games or anyone else's. It can't make any changes to your PS3 trophy collection. I don't recall anyone reporting a problem receiving the Fight the Good Fight or Forging Your Own Path trophies, and anything that significant would have been patched long ago.  Did you synchronize your PS3 Trophy Collection with the server after you finished the game?  Is the trophy missing from your PS3 Trophy Collection, or just your online profile.  The game doesn't do anything with trophies online.  It only adds them to the Trophy Collection on your PS3.  The Trophy Collection has to upload them to PSN separately.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 26, 2013

Hey, thanks for the quick and informative response!

The "Forge Your Own Path" and whatever the trophy for completing on hard on not in my trophy profile either on or offline even after syncing and reloading the post-game autosave.

I did come across the fact- in another forum- that if you skip the end credits, the trophy sometimes won't pop and this is known to be glitched. Just my luck I guess. Well, playthrough number three, here I come!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13173 posts

May 26, 2013

I don't think that is a glitch.  That was probably intentional, as it isn't the first game I have seen that did that.  Hundreds of people worked for years to develop the game.  They like to at least tell themselves that people are viewing the credits. It is common for games that have a cleared save to not create it until after the credits have finished, so developers assume that you know enough to wait until the credits finish before quitting the game.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (63 Views)