Oct 29 2011
By: chief42141 First Son 22 posts

i need some help really really bad.

5 replies 47 views Edited Oct 29, 2011

ive fallen on hard times and i might have to sell my ps3 . i need to know if i get another ps3 if i can restore all my data the new one after i get rid of the old one? please help me out cause i dont wanna lose two years of game data, movies and family photo's.

Message 1 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: i need some help really really bad.

Oct 29, 2011

Well first whats going on with your ps3 that you may have to sell it?

Message 2 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39152 posts

Oct 29, 2011

chief42141 wrote:

ive fallen on hard times and i might have to sell my ps3 . i need to know if i get another ps3 if i can restore all my data the new one after i get rid of the old one? please help me out cause i dont wanna lose two years of game data, movies and family photo's.

If you sell your PS3 the first thing to do is to deactivate it, you can do this via the XMB menu.

With regard to any DLC & game downloads you would be able to re-download those after logging in with the same PSN ID you use now & going to your download list, be advised though that movies & songs are one-time only downloads so unless you're able to back these up to a seperate source you will lose these, trophies are safe.

Photographs you will have to try get off you PS3 & back onto another form or storage, you can back-up your saved game data to a USB stick or another flash drive of some sort.

I hope the above helps, come back if we can assist you further.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 29, 2011

thank you guys so much. i just lost my job and the bills and the kids needed to be taken care of

Message 4 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39152 posts

Oct 30, 2011

chief42141 wrote:

thank you guys so much. i just lost my job and the bills and the kids needed to be taken care of

You're welcome, good luck to you & your family.

EDIT: I had a thought, I don't know how much you're expecting to get for your PS3 & games etc, & if it's an amount that's really going to make a difference to you & your family then great, I say go for it, however if it's really only going to be a short term kind of fix thing, then I'd say try to see if you can find another way to maybe hang onto the PS3 & use it as a family game center type thing to enjoy together as a family say once a week during the next few months, it may help you to come together more as a family during what will obviously be a trying time for you all.

Once again good luck to you.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 30, 2011

thanks for the advice brit. ill hope to meet you sometime in the network.

Message 6 of 6 (47 Views)
0 Likes