Apr 23 2013
By: Kev_in_Movie First Son 2 posts

i keep getting fake code messages

4 replies 1304 views Edited Apr 23, 2013
It says to type this code in after sending the message to 25 people code:I8PH-CIBD-RK2I I want to know why its not working

Message 1 of 5 (1,304 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: i keep getting fake code messages

Apr 23, 2013

Kev_in_Movie wrote:
It says to type this code in after sending the message to 25 people code:I8PH-CIBD-RK2I I want to know why its not working

These messages are fake. They are spam messages created by people and spread through the PlayStation Network as a prank.

When you get one: Do not forward it. Delete it and inform the friend who sent it.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 5 (1,300 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 23, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Kev_in_Movie wrote:

These messages are fake. They are spam messages created by people and spread through the PlayStation Network as a prank.

When you get one: Do not forward it. Delete it and inform the friend who sent it.

It's also a good idea to report the message, by pressing triangle on it in the XMB.

Message 3 of 5 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Apr 23, 2013

It's a spam chain letter, just delete it.

Follow me!
Twitter Twitch
Message 4 of 5 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28588 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Kev_in_Movie wrote:

If you keep getting these messages, and they are annoying, ask the sender to stop sending them to you. Then you have a couple of choices...

1) You can add the sender to your Block List.

2) You also have the option to report the sender. Spam mail tends to clog the internet and flood people inbox. Some people send this type of mail with the intent to cause problems (or scams) for other users. That is against the Terms of Service. You can bet that if they are doing this to you, they are doing it to hundreds of others.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 5 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes