VP of Gaming
27603 posts

Re: how long does it take to lift a suspention

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

Ah, I see.  Yeah, HOME has a lot of sensative foks.

Moble

It also has a lot of "kids" & generally childish idiots who want to make out with a pixelated Avatar!

Debating someone is fine, be it here on the Forums or in PS HOME, however there is a line that has to be drawn with regard to language/profanity/racism etc, cross that line in either place in a debate or even a discussion that's overheard by another & you can expect a ban/suspension.

Discuss, debate, disagree & argue even, but don't break the rules.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (91 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Oct 10, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

It also has a lot of "kids" & generally childish idiots who want to make out with a pixelated Avatar!

Debating someone is fine, be it here on the Forums or in PS HOME, however there is a line that has to be drawn with regard to language/profanity/racism etc, cross that line in either place in a debate or even a discussion tjhat's overheard by another & you can expect a ban/suspension.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree.  I do not know exactly what the OP did in his transgression, and I personally do not condone personal attacks, or blatant vulgarity.

The child element of HOME does make it hyper sensitive to vulgar actions and coarse language, and I understand that. 

Why should the Avatars "make out" anyway?  Why not take that away?  Members of HOME would be furious about it, if you just suggest it.  I know it looks innocent, and there isn't any groping of the sort, but it does raise the maturity level above what some of the younger HOME users are at.  Some of the Forum participants of HOME are sensitive to changes in this manner.  This is more of what I was indicating.

I do take my posts to some extremes, you have seen that BRIT, but I will always defer to better judgment, before blatantly demeaning someone.  I will also never curse directly at someone or use any racial or bigotry laced comments.

I only wished to get a feel for, how egregious, the OPs actions were that got them suspended in the first place.  If they carried on a spirited debate, under the guise of control and good manners, then they should not have had anything to worry about.  If they did cross that line, then this is learning experience for them. (Them and they, being the OP). 

I am not lashing out, I just felt I needed to clarify my previous statement. 

All respects.

Moble  

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (84 Views)
VP of Gaming
27603 posts

Oct 11, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

Debating someone is fine, be it here on the Forums or in PS HOME, however there is a line that has to be drawn with regard to language/profanity/racism etc, cross that line in either place in a debate or even a discussion tjhat's overheard by another & you can expect a ban/suspension.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree.  I do not know exactly what the OP did in his transgression, and I personally do not condone personal attacks, or blatant vulgarity.

The child element of HOME does make it hyper sensitive to vulgar actions and coarse language, and I understand that. 

Why should the Avatars "make out" anyway?  Why not take that away?  Members of HOME would be furious about it, if you just suggest it.  I know it looks innocent, and there isn't any groping of the sort, but it does raise the maturity level above what some of the younger HOME users are at.  Some of the Forum participants of HOME are sensitive to changes in this manner.  This is more of what I was indicating.

I do take my posts to some extremes, you have seen that BRIT, but I will always defer to better judgment, before blatantly demeaning someone.  I will also never curse directly at someone or use any racial or bigotry laced comments.

I only wished to get a feel for, how egregious, the OPs actions were that got them suspended in the first place.  If they carried on a spirited debate, under the guise of control and good manners, then they should not have had anything to worry about.  If they did cross that line, then this is learning experience for them. (Them and they, being the OP). 

I am not lashing out, I just felt I needed to clarify my previous statement. 

All respects.

Moble  

I couldn't agree with your above reponse more if I had to moble, & just so you know, my response, although I quoted your previous post wasn't aimed at you, only the first short paragraph was, the rest was really aimed at the OP telling them what could happen etc, apologies if that wasn't clear.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4402 posts

Oct 11, 2012

BRIT;

I kind of figured that, but at the same time, I didn't want the OP to think I condoned conduct unbefitting the collective community.  Thanks for getting back on it though.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (73 Views)
0 Likes