Oct 06 2011
By: tha_duck_man First Son 2 posts

home private beta?

4 replies 77 views Edited Oct 6, 2011

i just got a message on my psn account telling me as a ps  member and my recent visit to ps home (which i dont get on) i have been chosen for a special beta. it gives me instructions on how to download it and comes with a file attachment. it is from a user and is using an offical psn avatar that makes this seem almost legit except the avatar in in b&w not color. when i try to report on my pc it wont let me for some reason. is there anyone that can take this complaint at i am concerned more now after the sony hack of 2011. thank you

Message 1 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: home private beta?

Oct 6, 2011

Yeah, I just got the same message from locust_star. Not sure if it's a hack or not, as it seems like something of this nature would be put in the store under Playstation Plus, not secretly distributed via messages.

Message 2 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 6, 2011

was the avatar a psn avatar but in black and white? mine was which made it look like a hack and the fact i dont have home installed on my ps3 makes me wonder seeing is it said due to my recent visit there. i called sony but they wouldnt take my report when i tried to enter the name in teh system i got error codes or the symbols in the name wouldnt work. also told me i had invalid confirm code to post my complaint

Message 3 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Was kinda scared even though I clicked without thinking about it after some researchI found it here http://theparanoidgamer.com/ps-home-special-private-beta-being-sent-out/ 

Well looks like PS HOME is about to launch a special Beta. Today, Sony sent out some invites for a Special Beta that Home will be offering.

The invites are sent VIA Playstation network so check your PSN accounts on your PS3. Here’s info on the beta.

-Press start> settings > Personal> Redocorate
-Select Private Beta Teleporter
Walk to Teleporter

followed by forum link.

Other changes:

New Hub have been reported added (No more loading screens or less) along with some new games.

Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 6, 2011

Just to clarify, Locust_Star is one of the moderators in Home.  I wouldn't worry about messages received from him or her.

Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes