Aug 30 2013
By: smrdek First Son 25 posts
Accepted Solution

gta v preorder in different region?

4 replies 277 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

so i have a US ps3 and US psn account as i used to live in America. However, last year I moved to Europe and all my games worked because the ps3 is region free. I was considering buying GTA V here at retail, but because it is more expensive I am considering buying it off the US psn store where its $60. My question is has anybody bought games do they work, and is there any issue with codes, in this case the atomic blimp pre order code, and more imporantly the GTA online download on October 1st, which I'm guessing will be a code.

Thank for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: gta v preorder in different region?

Aug 30, 2013

smrdek wrote:

so i have a US ps3 and US psn account as i used to live in America. However, last year I moved to Europe and all my games worked because the ps3 is region free. I was considering buying GTA V here at retail, but because it is more expensive I am considering buying it off the US psn store where its $60. My question is has anybody bought games do they work, and is there any issue with codes, in this case the atomic blimp pre order code, and more imporantly the GTA online download on October 1st, which I'm guessing will be a code.

Thank for your help!

you will have issues if you buy the disc in europe and download DLC with a USA PSN ID

Message 2 of 5 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 30, 2013
so do u advise buying it on the psn store?
Message 3 of 5 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 30, 2013

smrdek wrote:
so do u advise buying it on the psn store?

yes that will work if your going to continue to use your USA PSN account, digital downloads of games are your best choice because DLC is region locked

dont worry about what country your PS3 is in, its the PSN account region that matters for DLC

as you know game discs are not region locked but if you buy a game disc in europe you will not be able to use any DLC includign online passes for that game using your USA PSN account

my advice is always buy digital moving forward or make a PSN account that matches your new country, you can always keep your USA PSN account on the console to play the old stuff you had purchased with it

Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Aug 30, 2013
thank you! that makes sense, and explains why i wasn't able to use the online pass for fifa 12 which i bought in europe. just hope i have enough free space for the download, lol.

p.s. breaking bad Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)