Highlighted
Feb 06 2013
By: fishnet66 First Son 4 posts

going back

4 replies 96 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

umm please be good to me about my question

my PS3 is jailbreaked and running into a CFW and surely this will get you banned if you log it in to the PSN but i want to play legit again its much more fun now my question is if i system restore and reformat my HDD and update to the latest OFW will i still get banned ? well of course i didnt sign in my PSN acount or sync any trophies while running on CFW, well will i get ban even though i cleaned and turn legit again ? pls spare me the haters Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39433 posts

Re: going back

Feb 6, 2013

fishnet66 wrote:

umm please be good to me about my question

my PS3 is jailbreaked and running into a CFW and surely this will get you banned if you log it in to the PSN but i want to play legit again its much more fun now my question is if i system restore and reformat my HDD and update to the latest OFW will i still get banned ? well of course i didnt sign in my PSN acount or sync any trophies while running on CFW, well will i get ban even though i cleaned and turn legit again ? pls spare me the haters Smiley Sad

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Ok I'll break all my own rules & not 'hate on you', it's tough but I'll refrain!

I'm assuming that if you're able to 'cleanse' your PS3 of this gargage as though it was never there then no you would no be banned & you should be good to go.

The only thing I will say  to you is you have posted/admitted that you have a JB PS3 on the Official Sony Forums, here's hoping for your sake that no one from Sony sees your post & acts on it huh!

Good luck.

BRIT-KO.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

umm well i was really hoping 1 of the admins read this and confirm my question just to make me at ease and just by formatting and restoring the system and using a OFW i will not be banned and  i regret for doing a CFW and want to be a good psn player

Message 3 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Feb 6, 2013

fishnet66 wrote:

umm well i was really hoping 1 of the admins read this and confirm my question just to make me at ease and just by formatting and restoring the system and using a OFW i will not be banned and  i regret for doing a CFW and want to be a good psn player

Here's a link. Pm one of the Mods.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team/m-p/373...

Message 4 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 7, 2013
i surely hopes when i update my firmware using the OFW it will clean it and make my unit like before
Message 5 of 5 (66 Views)
0 Likes