Oct 14 2012
By: sylar_kurai45 First Son 7 posts

gameshare hack

9 replies 677 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

ok, so my friend decided to gameshare with someone and apparently this someone has been doing this for a while, she gave her info to them and they ended up changing the password. apparently its someone she trusted but they were comprimised also. after her account got hacked, me and my brother both get messages from her hacked account (we have seperate accounts and both of which is on her friends list) asking us if we wanted to gameshare.  so this someone is gameshare hacking one person, then going through their friends list and finding people that trust the... i guess victim (only word i can think of) and gamesharing with them, in turn changing their password and so on and so forth... anyway... i guess my whole point is,

is there anyway to recover an account that has gone through this?

Message 1 of 10 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

Re: gameshare hack

Oct 14, 2012

Well NEVER give personal info to anyone no matter how trustworthy they seem.

Call sony explain what happened  1-800-345-SONY(7669)

You can go online and try to change password you will have to answer secret questions.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

Click forgot password then follow instructions.

Message 2 of 10 (663 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 14, 2012

ok, well, its not my account that has been "hacked", but i will tell her. im not stupid enough to give out my info. can you not change secret qeustions also though?

Message 3 of 10 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1576 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I`m not saying anyone is stupid.

The quicker you do it the more likely you can recover the account.

Message 4 of 10 (657 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 14, 2012

right i know but still. anyway, she just tried and it said unable to validate, so i guess thats out the window?

Message 5 of 10 (655 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 14, 2012

well, she just said shes probably giving up and just making a new account but i dont think its right someones going around gamesharing, changing password, then gamesharing with their friends, an changing their passwords, and then gamesharing with their friends and so on, what can be done about that?

Message 6 of 10 (650 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8173 posts

Oct 15, 2012

What can be done???

DON'T EVER GAMESHARE.  

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 7 of 10 (619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

That's why Sony doesn't allow gameshare cause they can never tell who is telling the truth.  Keep your information secret at all times I agree with Sony on no game sharing. My reason is they can go and hack Sony from the inside to the outside just by game sharing.

Message 8 of 10 (559 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8709 posts

Dude, if I were her I would change the account password s...

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Dude, if I were her I would change the account password so those dishonest people won't have any access to her account anymore.

You should've at least warned her about sharing her personal info to strangers. Gamesharing is unethical and against the Sony's TOS and it could get you in trouble.

Message 9 of 10 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34016 posts

Dec 16, 2012

sylar_kurai45 wrote:

well, she just said shes probably giving up and just making a new account but i dont think its right someones going around gamesharing, changing password, then gamesharing with their friends, an changing their passwords, and then gamesharing with their friends and so on, what can be done about that?

Report the PSN ID here: http://np.us.playstation.com/

Perhaps you should report your "friend" at the same time, they are just as guilty as the other person!

Message 10 of 10 (491 Views)
0 Likes