Feb 09 2012
By: enosra First Son 3 posts

false data at registration

4 replies 369 views Edited Feb 9, 2012

when you are going to corect the issue with registration??

you have put an list of coutry to select from,

I am from romania and my country is not in the list,so I have to select USA,but when I want to fill the credit card info country don't match.

AND CAN"T BUY ANYTHING

next time do like this

1 put all country to list

2 let the user to select from where to buy (you can show in what country store are available

and all data will be ok

I CAN PUT MY ADRRESS BECAUSE  SONY DON"T LET ME  BRILIANT!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

Re: false data at registration

Feb 9, 2012

You don't seem to get it.  Sony doesn't offer Playstation Network services in all countries.  That isn't a mistake on Sony's part.  It is a deliberate legal and business decision.  If Sony does not offer the Playstation Network in your country, then you are not allowed to use Playstation Network services.  You aren't expected to lie and say that you are from a different country where the Playstation Network is offered.  You just aren't allowed to use PSN unless you move to a different country.  It is as simple as that.  People in countries where the Playstation Network is not offered create accounts in other countries' Playstation Networks all the time; but it makes no sense to complain in a Sony forum about problems that you have doing that, when Sony never said that it was o.k. for you to do that in the first place.  Actually Sony said that it was not o.k. for you to do that.

GKP
Message 2 of 5 (369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 9, 2012

so they sell ps3 and games  in my country but  I can't use sony services that come along with the device,and if I want to play multiplayer I have to be sign to psn,and I need an account to do that and the only option is to lie in my address

I complain because they won't support the product (ps3) and the games that they sell in my country

you will be happy if you buy an game and ps3 from your country and after they will tell you can use it???and you are not allowed to use it???and you are not allowed to make an psn account because you will lie on address

I get the that won't be available store to every country  but at least they can let me put my real addres ,and after let me decide from where to buy, my credit card work ok in usa,but I can use it because address don't match

and if they aren't supporting ps3 PSN and multiplayer games  in my country ,is not right to sell it and then tell you are not allowed to play it.THEY ARE SCAMING US IN FACE

Message 3 of 5 (369 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31499 posts

Feb 10, 2012

The fact that you were able to buy a PS3 and games in your country, does not mean that Sony offers the product in your country.  There is something called the "grey" market, which means that the store that is selling the product is not an authorized Sony retailer.  They just bought the products from an authorized distributor; who either did not know, or did not care, that they would be sold in a foreign country.  If Sony doesn't have any authorized retailers in your country, then it won't offer the Playstation Network there.  It isn't Sony's fault if grey market retailers sell its products to people.  Believe me, they would put a stop to that if they could. Sony restricts access to the Playstation Store to specific countries because different countries have different laws, and content that is legal in some countries is restricted or banned in others.  Sony doesn't want to be accused of breaking the law.  In some cases content is only licensed for use in specific countries, and Sony could be sued if it sold the content to people in different countries. That is why Sony will only accept credit cards from banks that are in the same country that the Playstation Store is offered to.

If you are still determined to use the US Playstation Store, just do what every other PS3 owner in Romania does.  Buy US Playstation Network cards on the Internet, and then use those to buy from the Playstation Store.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Feb 11, 2012

I have bought the ps3 from an retail SONY store afliliated from SONY (with an hdtv)

look here this is the ps3 sony site on my country

http://ro.playstation.com/index.html

and here psn store

http://ro.playstation.com/terms/playstation-network-service-availability.html

Atentie: PLAYSTATION®Store nu este disponibil pe teritoriul Romaniei!

atention :PLAYSTATION®Store is not available on romanian teritory!

is not saying nothing about playstation network and the fact you can make an account with yor real data

and look here and see that romania is on the sony site

http://uk.playstation.com/country-selector/

and sony is to lazy to make their system so we users can  enjoy their product.

SONY is on our market by 15 years

Message 5 of 5 (369 Views)
0 Likes