First Son
1 posts

Re: did sony screw you out of the welcome back?

Jun 5, 2011

By charging, wouldn't that just put a lot more peoples' credit cards into a Sony system that has already been hacked? Probably a better idea to roll things out in waves to avoid clogs...

Message 21 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 6, 2011

I'm not exactly sure that this is your problem, but I fixed mine. Here's how. I went to the Network section of my home screen, and went to Transaction Management. From there, I went to a label that said Services list or something like that (I know it said services in it somewhere:smileyhappy:. (BTW if you have not downloaded the two free game packages then this will not work.) Two services should popup and should say Free game 1 and free game 2 (Thts not xact words but wat the heck who gives a crap you'll figure it out) Click on them and then the four games will pop up. From thre download your desired decision and go on with PSN's welcome back package. (I picked Killzone: Liberation) Do the same for welcome back free game #2. I hope i helped you becuz it helped me.

Message 22 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 6, 2011

btw you have to be a member since april 21 or 20 idk to access the welcome back package so dont send me no "Your gay process didn't work!" crap

Message 23 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jun 6, 2011

Only one PS3 game is on my download list as of today. (Dead Nation)

The claim failed because it acknowledged 2 Games when only one game was selected. In other words I lost my free game before I could select it. (InFamous)

EDIT

I finally got InFamous

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

Thanks to my friend Slasherx3

Side note: IF I sound insane its because I'm really having a bad year.

Message 24 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 6, 2011

Only $500 on downloadable games and content?

I have roughly 400 games on Steam, not to mention more on EADM.  The Steam service is free, and if it went down for nearly a month I would be thoroughly b***hing to them about.  I would say my Steam account alone is worth $2-3k.  Not to mention my PC cost me quite more than a PS3 to build.  Even wonder why Crysis was never released on Consoles?  Because they had insufficient hardware to run it.

Did I get screwed out of the Welcome Back package on PS3, yeah, I was given a PS3 as a gift on April 23, 2011.  Since I haven't been inclined to buy any consoles, not to mention, I own a large chunk of what is available for PS3 on my PC, I hadn't made a PSN account prior 4/20/2011.

So I get my PS3 3 days after they take down PSN, I wait 3 days less than the rest of you for the service to return.  I can't use my netflix account until PSN came back up, nor could I use Hulu Plus until they opened the store.

My Welcome Back package includes a stupid looking pixelized "theme" and access to some Home items.  I get nothing else.  I'll stick to buying PC games, that I can actually run at 1920x1200, beyond HD, at full detail, than to invest any money into either my PS3 running 720p or Xbox 360.

I had to wait with the rest of you, check the news everyday for service updates, and finally when the Welcome Back package is added, I'm not authorized to download it.  Ain't that a slap in the face.  I had to wait until 5/15 to create a PSN account, and therefore I'm not entitled to any compensation.  Now if they were maybe 9.99 games, I'd just grab a couple if I wanted as I could care less about the other free offerings.  However, they are not.

I have already had this conversation with customer service and they won't do a thing. A single thing.  I have made my first and last purchase from the PS Store, FF7, only because obtaining otherwise would have cost more.

So before you flame me and tell me to go play on my PC then, that's exactly what I plan on doing.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ajupin/games?tab=all

Message 25 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Jun 6, 2011

I wasn't going to tell you to play on you're PC because I knew that'd be you're Choice as what happen to you with the PS3 Outage. I see how you got PS3 received as a Gift on April 23, 2011 but then again, there are many Users who sticked with PS3 for a long time and this was a Big Deal to them.

Having you start on the PS3, it was really no big deal if you had to go through with it as well since you really didn't Experience any Online of PS3 like the Rest who had to wait for it. You would Start the Online Experience afterwards of the Outage since you never did Experienced it before the Outage Resolving it to No Problem.

Sure enough, it's just a Welcome Back Package to Users who have remained on PS3 Online for a long time. Those who got a PS3 during the Q1 2011 and mostly on April 2011 were Lucky if they created an Account before that Outage.

You can choose you're Choice to remain on a Computer or Console, but what would of happen if PS3 didn't offer a Free Package? They didn't need to if they wanted to. Some got a smack to the face since others already own all these Games and yet they've been on PS3 longer than you. Although, enjoy the PC than the PS3. Any is great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 26 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 10, 2011

No, they didn't. They made the WBP to where you accesss your games in a different way so the store can remain safe. How you get there is by going to PlayStation Network label of your home screen and going to Account Information. Go to Services List and you'll figure it out from there.

Message 27 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 10, 2011

You had to be a member as of April 21 (The day of the outage) to access the WBP.

Message 28 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 10, 2011

I am NOT criticizing Sony, but I think they should have let us buy two free games of our choice from the whole entire store. But I got kinda lucky, I was hoping to get LittleBigPlanet AND Killzone: Liberation.

Message 29 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 10, 2011

That's all I have to say.

Message 30 of 30 (33 Views)
0 Likes