Highlighted
Jun 04 2011
By: silencer271 First Son 5 posts

did sony screw you out of the welcome back?

29 replies 48 views Edited Jun 4, 2011

They did to me. First of all I logged into my 3 year old name and couldnt said it would send me an email to set up new passowrd.. that email address no longer works. So I make a new name welcome back package hits and nothing. WTF. Now everything from the old name including purchases gone and cant even access the  welcome back package.

Message 1 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2642 posts

Re: did sony screw you out of the welcome back?

Jun 4, 2011

silencer271 wrote:

They did to me. First of all I logged into my 3 year old name and couldnt said it would send me an email to set up new passowrd.. that email address no longer works. So I make a new name welcome back package hits and nothing. ***. Now everything from the old name including purchases gone and cant even access the  welcome back package.

You need to set the old one back up and then change the email address to get the pkg and you old items, because everthing is under that name.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 2 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 5, 2011

as I said I dont have access to that email anymore it only allows me to send an email to that one when trying to log in and change password.  doesnt let me change on the console.

Message 3 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Jun 5, 2011

silencer271 wrote:

They did to me. First of all I logged into my 3 year old name and couldnt said it would send me an email to set up new passowrd.. that email address no longer works. So I make a new name welcome back package hits and nothing. ***. Now everything from the old name including purchases gone and cant even access the  welcome back package.

Maybe it's just me but how exactly did Sony do this to you?

You're the one that was using a old email address that you no longer have access to. Pretty sure you can place the blame squarely on yourself.

Message 4 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 5, 2011

Agreed 3. I DID NOT have to access my other email adress at all. All I needed was my password. When I had to change my password because of the update I didn't need to go into my old email either, just the actual email address and my old and new psn passwords.

Message 5 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Jun 5, 2011

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

silencer271 wrote:

Maybe it's just me but how exactly did Sony do this to you?

You're the one that was using a old email address that you no longer have access to. Pretty sure you can place the blame squarely on yourself.

jag_stilvecchio Trophy Card

LMAO i was thinking the same thing , you certainly see some weird complains here man

Message 6 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jun 5, 2011

the freebees were meant for members before the hack tok place

Message 7 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Jun 5, 2011

I think the reason so many people are having problems with this is trying to do it through the PC.  I changed my email and password straight through my console and guess what, not a single problem! I don't see why people are trying to do it online when you don't need an email confirmation for them to accept it if you do it through the same system you registered with the PSN!

Message 8 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 5, 2011

mega buu not true i have a whole family on 2 ps3.i used the first ps3 we got to sign up with and 2 out of 4 of our family had to go through email.my wife was able to change hers on the newer ps3 wich she didnt sign up with. i realy think it has something to do with the isp if u use same also if u moved and now your ip is differant or its just plain random who gets picked.

Message 9 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jun 5, 2011

as for silencer  u will have to call sony.i was able to change emails in past with a customer service rep.b nice they will help no prob b upset and meen u a r not getting nowhere.

Message 10 of 30 (48 Views)
0 Likes