Reply
Jan 02 2013
By: CaoticFox First Son 6 posts
Offline

copywrite protection???

11 replies 202 views Edited Jan 2, 2013

i own and opperate 4 ps3s... i recently bought several games to have on a larger MB system... however i CANT play ANY of them without an internet connection ... i WANT to play my games that i PAID for... i dont want to download anything... i JUST want to play the game... i CANT and I BOUGHT IT... 

Message 1 of 12 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39135 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

CaoticFox wrote:

i own and opperate 4 ps3s... i recently bought several games to have on a larger MB system... however i CANT play ANY of them without an internet connection ... i WANT to play my games that i PAID for... i dont want to download anything... i JUST want to play the game... i CANT and I BOUGHT IT... 


Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

 

As far as I cam see owning 4 PS3's has little or nothing to do with this situation, also the title of your post, "copyright protection" appears to bear no resemblence to your complaint or situation.

 

Some games do indeed require an internet connection to be able to update, download patches or sometimes play them, those games that force you to update them before playing are the ones you sound like you're refering to, but if you don't have the internet at home then there's nothing you can do, I can only suggest returning the games for a refund.

 

P.S. Just out of curiosity, what are the games?

 

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 12 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 4, 2013

there are 6... none of which are "online games" ... they are JUST games i bought from psstore just so i didnt have to use discs for THIS PS3... one for the road so-to-speak... i CANT PLAY THEM because of "copywrite protection"... sony WONT REFUND, and my NEW system is full of unusable games... so... the title is relevent!!!

Message 3 of 12 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 4, 2013

Jak & Dexter

JAK 2

JAK 3

Magic 2013

From DUST

SimCity 2000

Message 4 of 12 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39135 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 4, 2013

CaoticFox wrote:

there are 6... none of which are "online games" ... they are JUST games i bought from psstore just so i didnt have to use discs for THIS PS3... one for the road so-to-speak... i CANT PLAY THEM because of "copywrite protection"... sony WONT REFUND, and my NEW system is full of unusable games... so... the title is relevent!!!


Sorry but I'm still somewhat confused, what exactly is copyright protected & why can't you play your games, I'm really not understanding you?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 27, 2013

look... as i said... I CANT PLAY/ACCESS/LOAD the game... i called SONY ... they told me "tough **bleep**"... i have 6 games that i paid for, and CANT use... SONY says it because of "copyright protection"... IT WONT OPEN THE GAME!!! how else can i explain it? if u work for SONY  REVIEW THE PHONE LOGS... 6187719578... thats the phone number its in the system for...

Message 6 of 12 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 11/29/2007
Offline
9623 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 27, 2013

CaoticFox wrote:

look... as i said... I CANT PLAY/ACCESS/LOAD the game... i called SONY ... they told me "tough **bleep**"... i have 6 games that i paid for, and CANT use... SONY says it because of "copyright protection"... IT WONT OPEN THE GAME!!! how else can i explain it? if u work for SONY  REVIEW THE PHONE LOGS... 6187719578... thats the phone number its in the system for...


Brit-Ko confusion is quite understandable as you are not making much sense. First Copywrite protection refers to not being able to copy game saves over to a Flash Drive, it has nothing to do with playing a game. You also claim it's due to no online connection, but you provided no info that would suggest that, and you even contradicted yourself. SimCity 2000 is even a PS1 game, I have not heard of any PS1 game requiring an internet connection. Games that do are quite few. What error are you getting exactly?

Message 7 of 12 (134 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39135 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 28, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

CaoticFox wrote:

look... as i said... I CANT PLAY/ACCESS/LOAD the game... i called SONY ... they told me "tough **bleep**"... i have 6 games that i paid for, and CANT use... SONY says it because of "copyright protection"... IT WONT OPEN THE GAME!!! how else can i explain it? if u work for SONY  REVIEW THE PHONE LOGS... 6187719578... thats the phone number its in the system for...


Brit-Ko confusion is quite understandable as you are not making much sense. First Copywrite protection refers to not being able to copy game saves over to a Flash Drive, it has nothing to do with playing a game. You also claim it's due to no online connection, but you provided no info that would suggest that, and you even contradicted yourself. SimCity 2000 is even a PS1 game, I have not heard of any PS1 game requiring an internet connection. Games that do are quite few. What error are you getting exactly?


Glad it wasn't just me.

 

I'm not sure I can offer any further assistance here, so I'll bow out somewhat gracefully!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 8 of 12 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 09/17/2009
Online
28068 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 30, 2013

When you say that you "own and operate" 4 PS3s, does that mean that you rent them commercially? If so, then you are in violation of the PS3 System license, and Sony can ban your consoles.  That would explain why you could not install content from the Playstation Store on them.  No PS3 game requires an Internet connection to play off-line, including Playstation Store games, after they are installed.  That is a PC thing.  PS3 games use disk-check copy protection (for games on Blu-ray), or license files (for Playstation Store games).   The same is true for PS1 games. 

 

As for your specific problem, you could explain it a lot better.  When you try to start the game, exactly what happens?  Do you get an error message?  If so, what is it?  Does the game just stop loading without warning? Did you get any error messages when installing the game?  If you are buying games in the Playstation Store, then the PS3s must have been online while you were installing those games.  Why is the PS3 not online now, and why do you think that the PS3 not having an Internet connection is the reason that the games won't run? How many of your four PS3s are you trying to install the games on?  You can only install on two of them at a time for each account that purchased the games.  At this point, none of us really has any idea what your problem is; much less how to solve it.

GKP
Message 9 of 12 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: copywrite protection???

Jan 30, 2013

let me start from scratch...

i own 4 ps3s.. 

for personal use only

i travel a lot so i keep them in different locations (where I travel)

2 at home, 1 at mothers house, and the other was to be located at my grandmothers house

i dont like transporting one everywhere, as HDMI connectios in tvs will get damaged with repeated plugging and unplugging

the last 1 i bought, was a bit larger HD than my others, so i decided to purchase games on the store instead of buying 4th copies of all my games... purchased and download the above games while i was at home, grandmothers house doesnt have internet

deactivated the system, reactivated the the 2 at MY residence 

transported the 4th ps3 to my grandmothers house , hooked it up

now... NONE OF THE GAMES WILL LOAD

before coming on here, i retransported them home, again, to see if there were any unlock keys or patches needing installed...

however when i turned it on at home, it worked...

confused, i take it back to my grandmothers house and repeat the process to no avail

GAMES WILL STILL NOT WORK

so i call SONY... 3hrs on the phone, another trip home and back (150miles each trip) SONY says it because of "copyright protection".. "thats how the system is set up"... sorry..

the games work fine at my house because of my internet connection

it will NOT opperate the downloaded games without one (internet connection)

I would like for this to be remedied or refunded...

Message 10 of 12 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes