Jan 08 2014
By: chadyo First Son 5 posts

content ive bought no longer available for download.

6 replies 208 views Edited Jan 8, 2014
my original ps3 had just recntly stopped working so i bought a new one and as i was in the process of replacing content i had bought in the past and downloaded i noticed items were missing from my download history. When i went to look forthe unlisted items in the store i found that they were no longer available even though i had payed for them. I would like to get a COMPLETE list of EVERYTHING I have downloaded so i can see everything I dont have acess to so i can have my account credited.

Thanks for your time,
Chad
Message 1 of 7 (208 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: content ive bought no longer available for download.

Jan 8, 2014

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ALSO WHERE I BOUGHT ALL DLC MAPS FOR MW3 AND MW2 AND I NO LONGER HAVE THEM ON MY NEW PS3 UNDER THE HISTORY DOWNLOADS

Message 2 of 7 (203 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 9, 2014
i have been looking for an email address to contact them but have been unable to find one, i dread dealing with them via telephone. im hoping someone on here can help me and you as well. Surely we aren't the first to have this problem.

Chad
Message 3 of 7 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 9, 2014

It is for reasons such as this that I do not like digital distribution.  Your money is gone, and now so is the game.  What a deal! 

I've also noticed how out of touch the pricing can be for many PSN bought games where they charge full price for a game that I could get new at Gamestop for half the price, or less.

I remember when digital distro was just an idea and they tried to validate it by saying that they could charge a lot less for digital downloads since they don't provide a box or disk or manual, etc.  It was a lie.....especially on consoles.

Here's an example:

Motorstorm Apocalypse

$59.99 on PSN (which they could remove at any time, for whatever reason, without bothering to warn you first)

$19.99 new at Gamestop. (which you will have until the disk rots...and you get a case, disk and manual)

Which is the better deal to you?

And they will just laugh at you if you try to get a refund because the game/content you bought is no longer available on PSN.

Still think the actually care about you?  Still think they are your loving friends that happily provide entertainment to you?  WRONG!

I've been a gamer since Pong was a new system.
Message 4 of 7 (181 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 10, 2014

its obvious what the better deal is, especially when it comes to the difference in price compared to somewhere like Gamestop.  I cant imagine that there are many people buying any game off of PSN a month or so after release since you can go and buy a physical copy used or even new of the game for far less at your local retailer.  Back to the topic, the least they could do is notify, by email or your consoles in box that whatever game is going to be removed and giv  you the oppurtunity to re download.  I cant believe that they get away with this everywhere  due to consumer protection laws.  Laws aside you would think from wanting customer loyalty they wouldnt do this.

Chad

Message 5 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 10, 2014

The only valid reasons I can think of for removing games from PSN is if there some sort of exploit that endangered the integrity of the system. (in which case, the game should be patched)....and of course those license issues that sometimes pop up. (in which case, they should offer a refund, or continue to make it available for people who already bought it)

In the latter case, it is very shady that they do not offer refunds or keeo it available for prior purchasers through your download list.

I've been a gamer since Pong was a new system.
Message 6 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4415 posts

Jan 10, 2014
You cannot contact us via email at this time. You can try our chat system or phone. Click my signature to get there.

So your games no longer appear in the download history in account management or in the store download list?
Message 7 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes