Highlighted
Oct 08 2011
By: TrekFiend First Son 3 posts

connection quality jumps all over

7 replies 70 views Edited Oct 8, 2011

I am having problems during COD black ops games of my connection quality going from great to unplayable in a matter of seconds. This was not happening three days ago and it is not happening on my 360. I normally have a good solid connection. The quality problem started yesterday and i have had it at all times of day and night but this just started, it is acting much like the day of the last COD update, the connections went haywire for a day then leveled out, this was not just me, all those on my friends list experienced the same problem that day. I have yet to be able to talk to those on my friends list about this recent problem but the system is nearly useless at the moment.

Message 1 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: connection quality jumps all over

Oct 8, 2011

Do your other PS3 games have problems playing online?

Message 2 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Now this is really weird.  Did the Xbox get the update?  If you answer that question I might be able to help.  15 years of electronic experience.

Message 3 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2011

no the xbox didn't get an update at the sametime.

Message 4 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2011

wish i could answer that but still new to ps3 and don't have any other intense online games, little big planet seems fine.

Message 5 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 8, 2011

LittleBigPlanet is fine. If you play online LBP immediately after an unplayable round of CoD, does everything work fine? Can you join games? Can other players join your games? Once you're in a game, is the gameplay smooth?

If you go into Black Ops and host a private match, are your friends able to join and have a playable match, free from lag?

Message 6 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Oct 8, 2011

Well Treyarch jacked up the game.  They mustv'e tried to fix the programming or something.  These days developers are really stupid about what they do.  Normally when you have promblems like that they change the line of script in-game.  Example

Here is a line of programming.

Character move_ ''800,600'' (800 is moving animation up and down 8 inches) (600 is moving it left and right 6 inches)

Character move_ ''1200,900''  (1200 is moving arm up and down 12 inches so when prone you have the character's hand underground)  (900 is moving character's arm left and right 9 inches so when on prone as he tries to move with his gun it looks like he has long arms)

This is just a simple example how people can mess up stuff.  This not the PS3.  So my EDUCATED guess would be that.

Message 7 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Oct 8, 2011

LBP is not graphic intenseif game.  Taking COD Black Ops you may have a 12 vs 12 player match.  Everybody may have a good ping ,but a player with crappy internet comes in.  This makes it hard for the High ping players to translate with the low ping player which leads to lag weaird freezing and so on.

Either this or my post above.

Message 8 of 8 (70 Views)
0 Likes