Apr 07 2013
By: CaLum-22-NuFc First Son 2 posts

change online ID?

9 replies 496 views Edited Apr 7, 2013
Hi sony i have been playing PlayStation for many years and never thought of changing to another console but when i found out that you can change name on xbox and not ps3 it really annoyed me and i was wondering can you bring in name change as an option even if you have to pay a fee im not bothered you are spending good money i hope that you will take this into consideration thank you for your time
Message 1 of 10 (496 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Re: change online ID?

Apr 7, 2013

/>

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 10 (489 Views)
MVP Support
14526 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Do a search, there are tons and tons of threads asking the SAME THING.

SONY isn't here - this is a forum for other Playstation users.  Go to Playstation Blog (link in bottom right corner of any forum page) and either submit this idea (likely done already).

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 10 (473 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Seeing as how no one has actually answered your question yet...

lastMeme2.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (471 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28800 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Sony is aware that some PSN users want this, and has been aware of it for years.  So far Sony has not chosen to accommodate this request.  There is really no point in discussing it further in the forums. The issue won't be decided in the forums, and Sony will probably not follow the debate anyway.  If you want to add your vote to the supporters, you can do so here...

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/20/can-we-change-our-psn-username/

Don't expect it to matter.  Sony already allows online id changes in Japan.  If it doesn't allow them in your country, then it has a good business reason for that.  We are aware the Microsoft allows gamertag name changes for 800 Microsoft points.  That doesn't necessarily mean that Sony should, or will, do it.

GKP
Message 5 of 10 (465 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Apr 8, 2013

johngie wrote:

Seeing as how no one has actually answered your question yet...

I thought I answered it very well actually!

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 10 (456 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3821 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Hello Calum,

Welcome to Sony forums.  Strait and "Respectful" answer for you.  Sony does know the PlayStation Community wants to be able to change their PSN (ID).  The best thing we can do is suggest and don't stop suggesting the idea of being able to change our PSN (ID).  The more support the better to maybe change Sony's mind.  You can always read up on this to support the suggestion the PlayStation Community has writen.  Link below...

PlayStation.Blog.Share link

Bambi-01us
Message 7 of 10 (448 Views)
MVP Support
39470 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Bambi-01us wrote:

Hello Calum,

Welcome to Sony forums.  Strait and "Respectful" answer for you.  Sony does know the PlayStation Community wants to be able to change their PSN (ID).  The best thing we can do is suggest and don't stop suggesting the idea of being able to change our PSN (ID).  The more support the better to maybe change Sony's mind.  You can always read up on this to support the suggestion the PlayStation Community has writen.  Link below...

There was nothing disrepectful about our responses, were they sarcastic, yes 100%, but do you know how many Threads there are askin.... actually ignore that, of course you do, or you should do, our answers were in keeping with the overwhelming posts & Threads that are created weekly requesting this, I'd have given the same "disrespectful' response if someone was aksing for Minecraft!

And yes, lets keep supporting the idea, lets keep the Forums cluttered with useless requests that'll probably never come true, as an MVP I'd assumed you'd have thought that one through before suggesting that one!

As for the 'PlayStation Community wanting to be able to change their PSN ID', speak for yourself.

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 10 (424 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Not to get too involved in the topic; but can someone please explain to me WHY, "so many" people want to change their PSN ID?

I misspelled my PSN ID when creating it, but just the same, I would not change it, even if I got the chance.  I simply do not see the benefits of changing the ID.  

I suppose you could look at it like a tattoo. If you have a tattoo, when you picked it, you must of wanted that image to be on your body for the rest of your life.  I have friends with tattoos who actually no longer like some of them.  I have to laugh at that.  It was the specific reason I never got one.  I figured; if I could not decide on a Tattoo to begin with, who is to say I would not get sick of, or grow to hate whatever I "settled" on?

If you liked the name so much when you created it, then why do you want to change it now?  If you want to change your name, because you were "bad" and want to hide, then perhaps you should have behaved in the past.

Is this a matter of people wanting to seem profound with their names?  Do people want to change their names like they change their Twitter Status (HATE Social Networks, othe than PSN Forum of course Smiley Wink)?  I just don't get it.

Anyone who actually reads Terms of Service, will know whatever name they pick will be their name going forward, without change.  I understand they are now letting the Japanese Based Customers make the change; but again, to what end?

Now before you all start cutting me down, let me say, I am not against the ability to change one's PSN ID.  I believe, if it is what the masses want, then Sony should accommodate for it.  I just do not understand why it is such a hot topic though.

As well, seriously, what is with the Minecraft thing?  I don't get that either.  Perhaps it is just a Genre I am not into.  I respect that others are, but I really don't get it.  Give me cutting edge games, with stellar graphics and engaging storyline.  I have no personally use for blocky building block games with RPG undertones.  That is just me of course, and only MY opinion.Smiley Wink

In all seriousness, please, feel free to explain to me the necessity for Name Changes, and even Minecraft if you wish.

Moble 

Message 9 of 10 (389 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 9, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Bambi-01us wrote:

Hello Calum,

There was nothing disrepectful about our responses, were they sarcastic, yes 100%, but do you know how many Threads there are askin.... actually ignore that, of course you do, or you should do, our answers were in keeping with the overwhelming posts & Threads that are created weekly requesting this, I'd have given the same "disrespectful' response if someone was aksing for Minecraft!

And yes, lets keep supporting the idea, lets keep the Forums cluttered with useless requests that'll probably never come true, as an MVP I'd assumed you'd have thought that one through before suggesting that one!

As for the 'PlayStation Community wanting to be able to change their PSN ID', speak for yourself.

BRIT-KO

Message 10 of 10 (377 Views)