Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 09 2013
By: hondo239 First Son 1 posts

cant play year old game on-line ?

3 replies 106 views Edited Feb 9, 2013

I have several older games EA maddens and 2K basketball and Baseball, well can't play any of them on-line after about a year of reales.

I thought when you bought an online game you where good to go, but gues not some of us like to re-pplay older games I have family I played with, now no more server access, this sucks...gues I'll be going back to XBox...waist of money....

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25824 posts

Re: cant play year old game on-line ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

1) Wrong forum. This forum is for the support of PlayStation Home issues and your thread will be moved by Moderation.

2) Be sure to check back once in a while to see if someone was able to help you with your problem.

3) Generally older online games that have newer versions available online will stop having online support for those older games. That means the older games may no longer be played online. It's a matter of money, manpower and the lack of interest in the older games. The community has moved on to the newer (at times bigger and better) versions of the game(s).

4) After your done playing your sports game for the night, why not come and join us in PlayStation Home. It's a free application from PlayStation that allows PS3 users to meet and socialize and play hundreds of mimi-games. All you have to do is to click on the "house" icon on your XMB.

Come on and give it a try. You may be glad that you did.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2884 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Moved from 'PS Home Support'. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14476 posts

Feb 10, 2013

It probably doesn't matter which console you use.  As annual release sports games tend to offer little more than roster updates, and some control tweaks that may or may not improve play, there wouldn't be much incentive to buy the game again every year, if you could still play older versions online.  That is why publishers tend to stop running servers for these games after the new version is released.  Sony has nothing to do with it, and chances are EA and 2K are doing the same thing on other consoles also, for the same reason. You are a perfect example of why they do this. 

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)
0 Likes