Feb 10 2012
By: jrams5150 First Son 2 posts

can't find the wallet

4 replies 75 views Edited Feb 10, 2012

The first time i signed onto my son's account i was able to find the wallet and started entering the credit card info. I realized the address was incorrect and closed the window to call the bank. I read this might freeze my account, so i waited 24 hours and tried to find the wallet to put $ in it. but it has been over 2 days now and i still am not able to access his wallet. what did i do wrong and how can i fix this??  also is putting my credit card number on his account dangerous since this website gets hacked a lot?

Message 1 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39135 posts

Re: can't find the wallet

Feb 10, 2012

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You should be able to access your sons wallet via the XMB & going to Account Management/Manage ccount, in the list that appears should be manage/add/edit billing information.

Not that it pertains to this issue in partiuclar but can I ask, does your son have a master or sub-account?

As for being wary of adding credit card information & "this website being hacked a lot", I'm not quite sure what you're referring to there, as for is your credit card information safe, yes it is, & please don't take this the wrong way but many a son has met people online & given out their password & PSN ID etc then had their account "hacked", I'm not saying your son would do this, it's just something to be wary of, purchasing PSN cards or having your account as the master may be a better idea, just a thought.

If we can help further please do come back.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 10, 2012

i have only set up one account and it is in his name, so i am assuming he has the master account. i just know i didnt set up the account in my name then create a sub account in his.

this may be a stupid question, but what is the XMB?

Message 3 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Feb 11, 2012

XMB stands for XrossMediabar. When you turn on your PS3 it's the graphical user interface used to navigate the different features on your console. think of it like your car dash board.

*********************^v^> Beware of the Chupacabra>^v^********************
Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
39135 posts

Feb 11, 2012

jrams5150 wrote:

i have only set up one account and it is in his name, so i am assuming he has the master account. i just know i didnt set up the account in my name then create a sub account in his.

this may be a stupid question, but what is the XMB?

Yes, if there's just the one account on the system then yes your son has the Master-Account, as BP above has already said the XMB is the "dashboard" you see with the flickering lights when you first turn on the PS3., the one you use to navigate around.

Have you been able to locate the wallet yet?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes