Sep 12 2013
By: jayashantha First Son 19 posts

can i pre load GTA V Tomorrow??

3 replies 634 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

my account is EU and i pre ordered gta v from ps store!! i wonder will sony let us pre load game tomorrow (13th) onwards?? or do we have to wait till release?? bcoz there is a text under my gta v download list saying game can download on 13th!!!

Message 1 of 4 (634 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15956 posts

Re: can i pre load GTA V Tomorrow??

Sep 12, 2013

No. 

people already ruined that when GTA5 was available for digital pre-order.
people went digging through and were able to get details on the ending of the game, list of radio stations and soundtracks, and a few other details.....
All in an effort to get rid of the time lock encryption so people could play it early and to pirate the game.

barely a week later that SCEE put a lid on it and will no longer allow pre-loading.

The answer is no.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 4 (534 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10341 posts

Sep 12, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

No. 

people already ruined that when GTA5 was available for digital pre-order.
people went digging through and were able to get details on the ending of the game, list of radio stations and soundtracks, and a few other details.....
All in an effort to get rid of the time lock encryption so people could play it early and to pirate the game.

barely a week later that SCEE put a lid on it and will no longer allow pre-loading.

The answer is no.

preloading was never allowed, what happened was a leak, 

>

Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18214 posts

Sep 12, 2013

It was pre-downloadable from PSN in Europe.  That is where the leak occurred.  It was never pre-downloadable here. Broadband speeds and caps in some European countries are quite poor (while others are better than the US), so day 1 digital releases of 18GB games don't mean much there unless people can pre-download.  After the leak, Sony stopped allowing GTA 5 to be pre-downloaded; and is rethinking the policy for highly anticipated releases.  Sony will probably still do it for some games in Europe, at the publisher's option.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (488 Views)
0 Likes