Jul 14 2011
By: Skulltapper77 First Son 8 posts
Accepted Solution

bogus "No Network Connection Detected" error in Black Ops MP

8 replies 3447 views Edited Jul 14, 2011

Getting the error even more today. "Notice: No network connection detected. You must have an active network connection to play online or over a local network".

Really? Wow, because I NEVER get signed out of PSN when this happens.

My Wifi light is going NUTS while it's giving me this message.

My Net is testing out at full speed and THEN some.

My ping is FULL GREEN in game most of the time too!

The ONLY thing claiming I have no Net is Black Ops. WTH gives? They have GOT to fix this error. I'm fed up. I mean what's the point in HAVING to run a cable to your ethernet port if the thing came with WiFi??? Pointless. I'm experiencing NO packet loss wso either. I simply will not listen to anyone who claims my internet connection is the problem. It's runniing perfectly and AS IT SHOULD.

I can immediately quit the game when getting this error, open up PS3's web browser and do anything I want with zero issue. It is NOT my net, my router, or my PS3. This is definitely either a PSN or Treyarch error. Is there a fix or patch somewhere I'm missing?

Message 1 of 9 (3,447 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: bogus "No Network Connection Detected" error in Black Ops MP

Jul 14, 2011

I realize that you don't want to run an ethernet cable to your PS3, but have you tried it?  It would at least help to diagnose the problem.

Message 2 of 9 (3,447 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 14, 2011

I actually did just try that. Zero difference. Again, internet is working flawlessly in every other aspect on the PS3 , both laptops, and both of my smart phones.     

Message 3 of 9 (3,447 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 15, 2011

Now it's doing my other "favorite" thing. Finding upwards of 15 good games but making ZERO effort to join them. Again, Net is working fine..... Someone explain this to me before I have a hammer party with my PS3 and my 42 inch plasma hdtv..... I'm beyond frustrated....

Seriously, could they have screwed this game up any worse? Most hacked COD game EVER. I mean come on, aimbots and hacks were out for it the DAY it was released for pete's sake...

Terrible lag...

Random disconnects with BS errors....

Etc,etc,etc....    

Message 4 of 9 (3,447 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2013
Having the same problem, I have %100 wifi connection and I can't even stay in a game for more then a minute.... It's incredibly frustrating because I will either get on a score streak, have a couple headshots, or about to win the game for my team then boom... Kicks me out and doesn't give me any of the XP I just earned like I didn't even play the game in the first place.... This is just ridiculous and it needs to be fixed
Message 5 of 9 (3,153 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jan 29, 2013
People should play more singleplayer based games Smiley Happy
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 6 of 9 (3,150 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 8, 2013
I'm having all the problems you are having. It is ridiculous! Specially when you play league and get booted and are trying to get a good rank. Fix this now pppllleeeeaaassseeeee
Message 7 of 9 (2,401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7596 posts

Oct 8, 2013

How is your PS3 setup in your network? DMZ, UPnP, Port Forwarding?

To me, not knowing for sure what your setup is, it sounds like you have the correct ports for the PSN but not Demonware servers which is what COD uses.

The easiest way to fix this is to DMZ your PS3. There are SEVERAL tutorials out there on how to do this and each router is different. Basically you log in to your router and assign one IP address to be in the DMZ. Then setup your PS3 to a static IP address that is equal to the DMZ address.

When you do this you should know what your DHCP range is. This is the range of IP addresses that your router assigns to devices. For example your router is 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP range is 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150. The address you want to use for the DMZ needs to be outside that range so use 192.168.1.80. This way there is no way another device can get that address without you actually forcing it. This is the biggest mistake made by people when setting their DMZ.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 8 of 9 (2,394 Views)
PlayStation Support
5919 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Hi,

Here's some additional info that may help.

Firewall Port Numbers to Play Games Online:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2333/

Third party game support & contact information:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/649

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 9 of 9 (2,368 Views)
0 Likes